• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An introduction to Korean dramas LOL

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
Extraordinary Attorney Woo, is about a 27 year old female who has Asperger's syndrome and although, to me, seem she is portraying more classic autistic traits, a lot of her actions are amazingly accurate and I am obsessed now with watching.

I hate the introductory part of dramas, but wow, am loving this one. It is as though they really have looked into what aspergers is about and the music and visual aspects are so calming.

Gotta give that a try. Last Korean drama I watched was Squid Game which was disturbing.

Last edited:
I have yet to start watching it but i have seen parts of it! I also recently watched Dali and the Cocky Prince and loved it too! I laughed a lot and identified with the main character also.

True...there's a lot of quality entertainment coming out of South Korea. With and without autism.

Gotta give that a try. Last Korean drama I watched was Squid Game which was disturbing.
I started to watch a drama called: happiness, due to the synopsis which suggested heavily that it was about covid, but was horrified and sickened when I found it was to do with canablism and I saw a suggestive action and after that, switched off, but the image stayed with me for a while. So unsettling. I know worn others about that drama.

This one, though, is a different level entirely and giving me such pleasure to watch.

I just finished watching the first episode and I too am hooked. It is an honest and caring portrait of a young woman with an extraordinary IQ and remembers everything she reads. The actress portraying Woo Young-Woo (she likes pointing out that her name is the same either forward and backward, and she has a deep fascination with wales. The actress portraying the lead is not autistic but she is quite accurate in presenting some of the traits and makes the character believable.

This is the first TV series that I have watched which has a major character with Asperger's that didn't offend me on some level. The on screen reactions in both directions are quite accurate. It is also quite interesting that it is apparently a global hit for Netflix. Kudos to all involved and I look forward to watching the rest of it with anticipation, and that is from someone that has generally not had a lot of interest in shows about the law and lawyers.

Word to those who cannot deal with subtitles and do not speak Korean, this show might not be for you, but I would give it a try anyway as it is just that good!

New Threads

Top Bottom