• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Amazon's warehouse shipping logic

Pink Jazz

I was wondering, when placing Amazon orders, I often see that Amazon has been shipping our two-day Prime orders Inland Empire of California from fulfilment centers such as Eastvale, San Bernardino, or Moreno Valley, even though we have fulfillment centers here in the Phoenix area. Those items that I often order appear to be in stock at the local fulfillment centers, since they feature the Free One-Day Shipping over $35 label. However, when my total is under $35 and I don't qualify for Free One-Day Shipping, my items still ship from the Inland Empire instead of the local fulfillment centers.

I wonder, why would Amazon ship from a fulfillment center that is further away from where I live? Could it be an inventory control algorithm in action where Amazon might be trying to move inventory from the fulfillment centers in the Inland Empire due to excess inventory compared to Phoenix? I know the Inland Empire has a higher concentration of Amazon fulfillment centers, and that could come into play where the inventory in Phoenix could be used to fulfill local Same-Day and One-Day orders. Plus, the Phoenix area fulfillment centers also fulfill a lot of orders in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and there needs to be enough inventory to fulfill those orders (Albuquerque doesn't have any Amazon fulfillment centers).

BTW, if your order ships Amazon Logistics (AMZL US), the fulfillment center code is indicated on the upper right of the label. The Phoenix area fulfillment center codes start with either "PHX" or "TUS", while the Inland Empire start with "ONT", "SNA", or "LGB".

I was wondering have any other users here noticed their Amazon items shipping from outside their area when they appear to be in stock locally?

I don't know about all that, but we can order "overnight" and get it two days later. They must have long days there or something. XD

I susbscribe to Amazon Prime in the UK for "1 day deliveries", but the Postal service round here is a joke, so 1 day deliveries can take up to 2 days, therefore the service is not as advertised IMO therefore Amazon want stringing up by the Advertising Standards Agency.

I refuse to pay money to be a member of Amazon. Most of the stuff I want to order doesn’t even have free prime shipping. So what is the point? $99.00 a year for what? The only thing would be to get the video service, but I don’t really need that. Maybe if one could pay by the month for the service, but coughing up $99.00 all at once to this global mega corporation just sounds unreasonable to me.

I refuse to pay money to be a member of Amazon. Most of the stuff I want to order doesn’t even have free prime shipping. So what is the point? $99.00 a year for what? The only thing would be to get the video service, but I don’t really need that. Maybe if one could pay by the month for the service, but coughing up $99.00 all at once to this global mega corporation just sounds unreasonable to me.

I don't use the video service much. mainly because I think Jeremy Clarkson's a tosser, so I refuse to watch his shows on there.

I don't use the video service much. mainly because I think Jeremy Clarkson's a tosser, so I refuse to watch his shows on there.

The only thing I want to watch on Amazon is the Man in the High Tower series. Maybe some other dystopian sci fi post-apocalyptic films too.

New Threads

Top Bottom