• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Amazon UK problems

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

Ordered a book on Amazon UK yesterday using my Prime account for 1 day delivery, even on a Sunday, and up to now the book hasn't come yet.

Obviously it's Bank Holiday tomorrow in the UK so there'll be no post, I've just spoken to Amazon on the phone, and they say it was dispatched yesterday for delivery today between now and 9 PM.

I've had this problem before though, the supposed 1 day deliveries actually taking more like 2 days in this area.

Short of moving to an area better served by the Postal service, is there anything I can do?

I am aware of Google and the Amazon website, as mentioned I just rang 'em up.

Amazon Prime itself IS the problem. There's that saying- "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

But this is Amazon! It can't be so, right? I'm afraid even Amazon is more than capable of making unrealistic expectations. All you have to do it to read such articles on the delivery failures and labor disputes involving Amazon Prime's attempts to deliver their products on time. Which ain't happening and remains a problem on both sides of the pond.

If you remain a Prime member long enough, you might just eventually benefit from a class action lawsuit. Otherwise I'd say terminate your account prior to its renewal date.

Amazon facing questions on its 'One Day' Prime delivery promises | TheINQUIRER

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-class-action-lawsuit-firm-shut-accounts.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlik...policy-a-form-of-consumer-fraud/#6bc1ca65395e

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42394898

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200421650

Amazon Prime itself IS the problem. There's that saying- "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

But this is Amazon! It can't be so, right? I'm afraid even Amazon is more than capable of making unrealistic expectations. All you have to do it to read such articles on the delivery failures and labor disputes involving Amazon Prime's attempts to deliver their products on time. Which ain't happening and remains a problem on both sides of the pond.

If you remain a Prime member long enough, you might just eventually benefit from a class action lawsuit. Otherwise I'd say terminate your account prior to its renewal date.

Amazon facing questions on its 'One Day' Prime delivery promises | TheINQUIRER

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-class-action-lawsuit-firm-shut-accounts.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlik...policy-a-form-of-consumer-fraud/#6bc1ca65395e

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42394898

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200421650

Like I said, I rang and spoke to an Indian woman at Amazon earlier and she said the book was definitely dispatched yesterday with delivery today up to 9 PM tonight, I won't be in as it's my training night, so I've requested that the delivery bloke leaves it with my Neighbour.

Last edited:
Like I said, I rang and spoke to an annoying Indian woman at Amazon earlier (Indian call centres - bane of my life) and she said the book was definitely dispatched yesterday with delivery today up to 9 PM tonight, I won't be in as it's my training night, so I've requested that the delivery bloke leaves it with my Neighbour.

Read about all the labor issues Amazon is experiencing with their Prime delivery drivers. The product may indeed have been dispatched, but that doesn't mean it was actually delivered. I suppose you'll just have to see if it actually gets to you by tonight. But then many would consider two-day delivery a good thing.

It just appears that Amazon "bit off more they can chew" with such expectations of one-day delivery. So far I see nothing to indicate such problems are going to change in the near future. They're essentially making promises they can't seem to keep on a broad basis of distribution.

Though a business the size of Amazon may well have some unique abilities to delay class action lawsuits for some time in the US. In the UK, hard to tell. The gist of it all seems simple. That using the "Prime" service may not be worth the cost versus services rendered. With some locations being better or worse than others regarding time-sensitive deliveries.

Last edited:
Honestly, I've ordered from Amazon Prime a good few times and I had a problem only once when the parcel was dispatched to a wrong city by mistake and it still came to me a day late only.

Read about all the labor issues Amazon is experiencing with their Prime delivery drivers. The product may indeed have been dispatched, but that doesn't mean it was actually delivered. I suppose you'll just have to see if it actually gets to you by tonight. But then many would consider two-day delivery a good thing.

It just appears that Amazon "bit off more they can chew" with such expectations of one-day delivery. So far I see nothing to indicate such problems are going to change in the near future. They're essentially making promises they can't seem to keep on a broad basis of distribution.

Though a business the size of Amazon may well have some unique abilities to delay class action lawsuits for some time in the US. In the UK, hard to tell. The gist of it all seems simple. That using the "Prime" service may not be worth the cost versus services rendered. With some locations being better or worse than others regarding time-sensitive deliveries.

If they can't guarantee 1 day deliveries, officially they're breaking UK advertising laws and need pulling up by trading standards IMO as they're promising a service that in a lot of cases they can't provide, 1 day deliveries, I mean yeah OK it probably says in the "small print" that not all areas are served, but nobody reads that most of the time.

If they can't guarantee 1 day deliveries, officially they're breaking UK advertising laws and need pulling up by trading standards IMO as they're promising a service that in a lot of cases they can't provide, 1 day deliveries, I mean yeah OK it probably says in the "small print" that not all areas are served, but nobody reads that most of the time.

Yep. That's why I emphasize those class action lawsuits in the making. But waiting for a settlement may take a lot of time. Still, you have to wonder what those settlements might eventually involve.

Ironically I've gotten a few deliveries within two days without Prime. But then there's an Amazon distribution center only about 40 minutes up the freeway. And I have to pay state sales tax on all Amazon products accordingly.

Last edited:
Ah congratulations on FINDING a phone number. I could find anything on the website when they completely forgot one of my purchases.

Ah congratulations on FINDING a phone number. I could find anything on the website when they completely forgot one of my purchases.

I didn't find it myself, somebody else, might've been @Judge, posted it on a topic I made ages ago.

The book's come by the way, turned up on the doorstep about an hour ago apparently, I've not been home yet.

Anyway the 1 day delivery DID Work, even on a Bank Holiday Sunday, so the issue is resolved, Mods can close the thread now.

Yes Amazon Prime definitely isn't perfect and this does happen occasionally, if this was the only problem however it wouldn't be too bad. Because my flat and the people living nearby are sometimes hard to find because the Sat Nav makes it look like we are about 200 meters away up the road when we put in our address correctly they sometimes don't find us and they say we weren't in when we was without putting a card through which proves they hadn't been here. In fact even worse my neighbour had an expensive parcel given to someone up the road he didn't even know once, luckily he managed to get it later, but the guy could have just kept it leaving him demanding a replacement that probably would have been a battle even though he would have been legally entitled. On another occasion a camping heater came via Prime very severely damaged and unusable with a massive dent on the top that had compromised the outer casing making it dangerous to use, he complained immediately and asked to return it for replacement and amazingly the seller refused, he filed an issue with Amazon and even though he is legally entitled to a replacement under UK law or in fact even a refund on request, Amazon have also refused and the seller incredibly won the case. He has now appealed and has stated the law threatening to report the clear breach of his legal rights to trading standards if they still refuse to replace it soon and he is still waiting, it's now been over 2 months since it arrived in that state and it looks like they will need reporting to trading standards as he isn't getting anywhere. It's unbelievably bad and quite shocking that Amazon are illegally supporting a seller who is clearly breaking the law, so they can't be trusted as this has proven.

Ebay can however be even worse still, once my friend received an illegal counterfeit "Sony" memory card for his camcorder that was supposed to be made by Sony and despite proving it was illegal without the proper hologram that was instead just a 2D copy on the counterfeit and that the seller was committing a criminal offence by knowingly selling them advertised as "Sony" as his business, Ebay kept supporting the seller when we complained and continued to allow him to trade illegally, they didn't want to know and Ebay were also committing a criminal offence once they were informed by continuing to allow him to use their site for his criminal business, we stated this and Ebay still allowed him to trade and just asked us to return the illegal item to the seller so we'd have no evidence and he could illegally sell it again, this was unbelievable advice. Even the camcorder kept complaining that the memory card wasn't official and it was such awful quality that the camcorder kept intermittently giving errors when accessing it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately a benefit of being one of the most powerful business entities on the planet is that you can often get away with things their competitors may not. Even when it may constitute a civil wrong.

Yes Amazon Prime definitely isn't perfect and this does happen occasionally, if this was the only problem however it wouldn't be too bad. Because my flat and the people living nearby are sometimes hard to find because the Sat Nav makes it look like we are about 200 meters away up the road when we put in our address correctly they sometimes don't find us and they say we weren't in when we was without putting a card through which proves they hadn't been here. In fact even worse my neighbour had an expensive parcel given to someone up the road he didn't even know once, luckily he managed to get it later, but the guy could have just kept it leaving him demanding a replacement that probably would have been a battle even though he would have been legally entitled. On another occasion a camping heater came via Prime very severely damaged and unusable with a massive dent on the top that had compromised the outer casing making it dangerous to use, he complained immediately and asked to return it for replacement and amazingly the seller refused, he filed an issue with Amazon and even though he is legally entitled to a replacement under UK law or in fact even a refund on request, Amazon have also refused and the seller incredibly won the case. He has now appealed and has stated the law threatening to report the clear breach of his legal rights to trading standards if they still refuse to replace it soon and he is still waiting, it's now been over 2 months since it arrived in that state and it looks like they will need reporting to trading standards as he isn't getting anywhere. It's unbelievably bad and quite shocking that Amazon are illegally supporting a seller who is clearly breaking the law, so they can't be trusted as this has proven.

Ebay can however be even worse still, once my friend received an illegal counterfeit "Sony" memory card for his camcorder that was supposed to be made by Sony and despite proving it was illegal without the proper hologram that was instead just a 2D copy on the counterfeit and that the seller was committing a criminal offence by knowingly selling them advertised as "Sony" as his business, Ebay kept supporting the seller when we complained and continued to allow him to trade illegally, they didn't want to know and Ebay were also committing a criminal offence once they were informed by continuing to allow him to use their site for his criminal business, we stated this and Ebay still allowed him to trade and just asked us to return the illegal item to the seller so we'd have no evidence and he could illegally sell it again, this was unbelievable advice. Even the camcorder kept complaining that the memory card wasn't official and it was such awful quality that the camcorder kept intermittently giving errors when accessing it.

Only problem I ever had with eBay is stuff from both buyers and sellers going "walkies" in the post, nowadays when I'm selling I use recorded delivery and pass the cost onto the buyer, because I don't trust normal post to not lose stuff as it's happened too many times to be a coincidence.

Honestly, I've ordered from Amazon Prime a good few times and I had a problem only once when the parcel was dispatched to a wrong city by mistake and it still came to me a day late only.

Yeah I once received a delivery in Sheffield that was intended for somewhere in Wales! Completely different address and post code and everything yet it came to me, what idiot in the postal service fouled that up?! :D

Yeah I once received a delivery in Sheffield that was intended for somewhere in Wales! Completely different address and post code and everything yet it came to me, what idiot in the postal service fouled that up?! :D

Well, happens to the best of us ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom