• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I the only one on the spectrum who does NOT care for nature?

^ We didn't have classes like that when I was at school here in the UK. The only dissection I ever did was a (sheep?) kidney.

You are really lucky to get up close to a horseshoe crab. I've watched a few videos of them. I visited a few sea life centres when I was younger but they pretty much had the 'ordinary' native British species on display.

I guess I'm the only one who loves nature and animals and isn't so crazy about humans and technology, lol..
Nope, I'm right there with ya. Prefer nature and animals. Humans can take a flying leap. (Sorry, not sorry humans --my social anxiety talking here).

When I think of the few "warm and fuzzy" moments I encounter with other beings, dogs come to mind first and foremost. Pure unconditional love. What's not to like about that ? :)

Humans? Like so many of us, not so much.

Sounds like almost no one gives a hoot about nature on this thread so far, so you are not an untypical ND after all. Heh heh. I like nature, but I also like cities and streets and industrial landscapes. Bruce Springsteen wrote some songs about it...

Since OP is presumably looking for support regarding his
lack of enjoyment of nature, it makes sense for people who
do care about that aspect of reality to avoid conflict which
could arise as a result of posting statements of an opposing
point of view.

Nature is truth.

I feel nauseous when I see a hillside, that I have always known as wild, suddenly plowed under for a shopping center or housing development.

Give me loamy soil, an old growth canopy, and a million stars.

Only nature I care for is marine life, to me it’s more interesting than land animals.
My interest while diving are Nudibranchs. Snails that lost their shell. Many incorporate the stinging cells from what they eat into their skin so display warning colors. I love photographing them.
FB_IMG_1619798481508.jpg
FB_IMG_1619798474344.jpg

I notice that a very nontrivial amount of people on the autistic spectrum feel some sort of attachment to nature. I've honestly never felt that sort of way. Nature always bored me. The only time I felt an attachment to nature is on the night of August 18th on this year, and that's only because I did a lot of substances at once.

I've always felt a spiritual attachment to areas with a very "industrial" look. On the first day of this year, me and my dad went to Downtown Los Angeles and we couldn't help but admire how beautiful the "run-down" scenery looked. I felt like I walked into a painting. I also live in the San Fernando Valley, of which some neighborhoods are very working-class and mechanical-looking. My dad's job is around that general area too.
I used to be so wrapped up in myself that I talked about work when my friend took me to the countryside, as I was struggling socially in my job.
Now, I get a sense that I can talk to trees.
I feel like a tree told me stuff on psychedelics.

I used to do it when I was naive, but now I don't know how people sleep in a city, with all those wild humans so close.

Looks like a lot of variability concerning ASD and nature so far!

In my photography and videography there is little sign of anything manmade.
My most "primitive moments" of nature were on the east side of Mono Lake-no habitation within 15-20 miles, although that wasn't true 140 years ago when a RR train made daily trips between the city of Bodie and the lumber mill. And that's the other component of enjoyment- abandoned ruins.
With a large amount of +-1900ad topographic maps, I search for old toll roads, ghost communities, abandoned segments of modern highways, etc etc. It's comforting to know that nature can reclaim the terraforming we humans do.
But I'm a hypocrite- I drive vehicles on modern roads to reach these areas!

I live on a coupla acres, not enough room for me but hella better than the congested housing tract previously.

I grew up wiht a lot of nature and nature loving people and i guess it stuck wiht me. I love plants and nature. I own a bunch of plants myself.
I love going to plantstores wiht people

Absolutely love nature and have seen some amazing sights. Wild gorillas in Cameroon, tigers in India, leopards in Zimbabwe and countless other experiences around the world.

I avoid cities like the plague.

Living in a township with 817 residents, we are pretty rural. While enjoying nature, I do like the cultural variety that cities provide.

Regarding nature, in my case

I needed it to relax more
I needed it to think clearer
I needed it to gain more strength
I needed it to not worry as much
I needed it to be more positive in life
I needed it to breathe
I needed it to imagine more
I needed it to set more goals
I needed it to have better dreams
I needed it to feel not as alone
I needed it to appreciate
I needed it to not take things for granted
I needed to want to venture out more
I needed it to motivate me more
I needed it to play more
I needed it to comfort me more
I needed it to live more

you say nature is boring but imagine if this was mars with atmosphere or something, it would be hell for me, no trees no ocean, no animals, no blue sky nothing.

I like old architecture, walking around the old part of city Quebec City, campus of university of Toronto, parliament buildings in Ottawa, old farmhouses, Victorian style houses which I rented like the one room out of when I met my wife,
Nature is just natural architecture, mountains trees, just fractals mixed with a bit of chaos.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom