• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I cursed as a person?

FromEquestria2LA

I feel a bit pessimistic about finding love right now. What has happened to me (and what has gotten me bad luck socially):

1) Isolation. I live in a small town, and am too desolate to go anywhere; although I sometimes get out at times, I can never go farther than a 30-mile radius of where I am ATM. That is something I am working on.

2) Homer Simpson syndrome. Yes, I am Homer Simpson-like in my mind at times (and before you say he is well-liked, he has actually gotten in trouble on occasion for his actions- case in point, The Simpsons Movie). No, seriously. I tend to be lazy and incompetent at times; although many would like to think that I am smarter than him, there are instances where I can be like him. We all kind of go through these things, but I tend to have it worse than others.

3) The 413 factor. I was born April 13th, and the two numbers associated with said date are considered unlucky (4 in Asian cultures, 13 in Western cultures). A lot of bad things have happened in the ensuing days, like the Virginia Tech attack (4/16/2007), the Oklahoma City bombing (4/19/1995) and, more recently, the Boston Marathon bombing (4/15/2013). Sometimes I wonder if I am a poison on the world because of it……..

Guys......... I am beginning to think I will take myself off the market and make myself unavailable to ANY girl. What do I do?
icon_sad.gif
Have a heart before you post, however, and don't post anything degrading to me.

Despite all of your hardship I wouldn't put your self down. I sure you are a really good person.

I had my fare share of hardship and been completely on my own to figure things out. I sorry if I don't have something constructive to say but I hope things get better one day.

I have had many girls misinterpret me for thinking I was stalking them by sending them messages periodically (not constantly, like some real-life stalkers do)........ their loss for being so overreacting, short-sighted, rude and inconsiderate.

I would probably work on the isolation issue first, once that's solved you could consider moving to a bigger city, in my experience dating is mainly about odds, that and socialskills (which for some part can be learned)

EDIT:

Dude. No offense but girls and relationships aren't worth it. The drama and social warfare really isn't worth it.

Do you have any interests? If so pursue them because i guarantee realistically they'll make you more joyful than finding a girl. Trust me a relationship requires so much responsibility, so much work and so much money that it isn't worth it.

Don't believe what the media (Movies,Commercials,TV shows and news tells you either) about love. Its far too fake and delusional. I've seen many friends in depression who wanted relationships so badly. They really regret it and are in really bad spot because of what they had to go through.

About the incompetent and lazy part, your underestimating yourself way to much. This sounds cliche but its true that you're more likely if not certainly to posses great intellect and great potential. You just have to use it.

About April 13th.I really really doubt that has anything to do with bad luck. If anything its a mere myth made up by the media.

To solve the 30 mile issue. Just ask yourself why you feel that way or why its bothering you. Observe yourself mentally and see why you feel how you feel. Find what made you feel that way.

I know this may be hard to take in but it will make sense after a while.

Last edited:
EDIT: Apologies about that. I got your age wrong.

EDIT: The mature part i was wrong about.

Last edited:
Guys......... I am beginning to think I will take myself off the market and make myself unavailable to ANY girl. What do I do?
icon_sad.gif
Have a heart before you post, however, and don't post anything degrading to me.
No, you are NOT cursed. I will tell you again what I told you when you joined AC: before you worry about whether you can be happy with someone else, find peace with yourself and learn to be happy on your own.

I support what Ereth said. I always seem to have these bad things happen that never seem to happen to anyone else around me. It used to make me depressed and I just wanted to give up. I exhausted every external resource to to become happy and have better luck. I still seem to have bad things happen all the time but it just doesn't matter anymore. Through acceptance, peace and happiness came from inside, no external resource or view gave me that peace.

New Threads

Top Bottom