• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alone on Thanksgiving

its life I hope she pulls through I dont want my dad to be lonely because i know how being alone feels but at least i can help my sister out and spend time with her dog family is family and all kennels are booked and im alone so might as well make use and keep company during these hard times.
There is another member on the forum called @Mike Stouffer his wife has pancreatic cancer it's been a least a month since I've contacted him but he's coping .

If anyone else is alone on Thanksgiving and wants someone to talk to then send me a message or leave a comment. For some reason these special days on the calendar can make loneliness worse. I have suffered through depression and know how hard it can be. Don't be afraid to reach out if you need to, whether to me or someone else you trust. Even if you are used to being alone the holidays can be tough, so don't be shy. Comment, send a message, or contact someone you know if the loneliness is too much.
I am always alone all year & i love it. I cant stand xmas & always spend it alone.The only thing i miss is female company having never experienced it. I have always feared women since before i was a teen i am now 72 & still a virgin but its nothing im ashamed of.

I am always alone all year & i love it. I cant stand xmas & always spend it alone.The only thing i miss is female company having never experienced it. I have always feared women since before i was a teen i am now 72 & still a virgin but its nothing im ashamed of.

Are you jack lemon or walter matthau?

What I've always dreamed of is every house on my estate becomes empty !so I effectively own all the land and when I look out of the window it will just be empty houses and trees and quiet !wonderful quiet ,nobody repairing cars ,screaming children putting up with selfish neighbours

What I've always dreamed of is every house on my estate becomes empty !so I effectively own all the land and when I look out of the window it will just be empty houses and trees and quiet !wonderful quiet ,nobody repairing cars ,screaming children putting up with selfish neighbours
Definitely a dream!

Definitely a dream!
I still try and visualise it I open the window and close my eyes and imagine trees as far as the eye can see. I like to be out in the street after about 11 o'clock at night ,A large percentage of the time it's gone completely silent , can't stand out side for long but it feels like my world .

Loneliness can be a rough thing to deal with. I think aspies may be at an advantage as we are better equipped to be alone than most. I have spent Christmas alone before. My ex (who was abusive and I hated) went to her parents house the day before and got very sick and was bed bound. On one hand I would have liked to have been with my family who live far away. On the other I felt blessed to not be under her oppressive rule for that day. Really it was just another day for me.

Happy Thanksgiving. I was tempted to say "American Thanksgiving." That would be a little nutty though as it is the original thanksgiving.

Loneliness can be a rough thing to deal with. I think aspies may be at an advantage as we are better equipped to be alone than most. I have spent Christmas alone before. My ex (who was abusive and I hated) went to her parents house the day before and got very sick and was bed bound. On one hand I would have liked to have been with my family who live far away. On the other I felt blessed to not be under her oppressive rule for that day. Really it was just another day
Loneliness can be a rough thing to deal with. I think aspies may be at an advantage as we are better equipped to be alone than most. I have spent Christmas alone before. My ex (who was abusive and I hated) went to her parents house the day before and got very sick and was bed bound. On one hand I would have liked to have been with my family who live far away. On the other I felt blessed to not be under her oppressive rule for that day. Really it was just another day for me.

Happy Thanksgiving. I was tempted to say "American Thanksgiving." That would be a little nutty though as it is the original thanksgiving.
T

There is another member on the forum called @Mike Stouffer his wife has pancreatic cancer it's been a least a month since I've contacted him but he's coping .
My step mom has pancreatic cancer and it has upgraded to stage 4 she is terminal and only has a few weeks left to live, this will be the final christmas she will live and shes gone, how the hell am I going to have a happy holiday with a death in the family? I gave religion a final chance and prayed only to be betrayed, thanks god for stabbing me in the back again.

My step mom has pancreatic cancer and it has upgraded to stage 4 she is terminal and only has a few weeks left to live, this will be the final christmas she will live and shes gone, how the hell am I going to have a happy holiday with a death in the family? I gave religion a final chance and prayed only to be betrayed, thanks god for stabbing me in the back again.
What amazed me was my mam still had faith even when she was four Stones and completely paralysed ,wasn't eating! but had more faith than me.
Talk to God ,God is not religion ,religion was created by people ,it's dead ,God is not dead God is alive be kind to yourself!!!!The intense part of autism could suck you dry , God doesn't stab you in the back but the thing is we don't trust him and he's a gentleman so he won't force himself on you .I thought what you thought ! it largely only changed for me after my mam died ! before she became ill she begged me to go to church as she couldn't help me .
One thing I wish I'd learned was how to be independent before she died how to take care of finances .
I still get angry!!!! forgiveness is still hard !!!!!but I forgive! if I can get rid of any pain !I will! so I forgive!

Update, my step mom is at her final stage so she wont make it to christas.
I remember my dog jays last days, she had heart cancer -she lay beside the open front door, I put a polar fleece blanket like a wall around her but she wouldn't come inside then the last day praying I wouldn't have to take her to the vet -that was the 17th November ,sorry got to stop tormented by the idea of euthanasia

I remember my dog jays last days, she had heart cancer -she lay beside the open front door, I put a polar fleece blanket like a wall around her but she wouldn't come inside then the last day praying I wouldn't have to take her to the vet -that was the 17th November ,sorry got to stop tormented by the idea of euthanasia
I felt the same when my cat Desi died she was my only friend. My parents died shortly afterwards but it is Desi i miss. If i had a choice of bringing back Desi or my parents i would choose Desi everytime

New Threads

Top Bottom