• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Allie Brosh has a new book coming out next year!

Cinnamon115

I love Hyperbole and a Half, as Allie has many of the same problems I do (ADHD, depression) and her book and blog remind me that I'm not alone in dealing with it. That's why I'm excited she has a new book coming out next year! It's called Solutions and Other Problems. I think it will be similar to Hyperbole and a Half, and I've heard she has a section about her sister in it. Are there any other Hyperbole and a Half fans here? Here's the link if anyone wants to pre order it: http://books.simonandschuster.com/Solutions-and-Other-Problems/Allie-Brosh/9781501103285

I am a HUGE Hyperbole and a Half fan, and I was so delighted when she published her first book. Her pieces on depression were spot-on, poetic, and heartbreaking, and I identified so much with them. Of course, even at her silliest, her stuff is a joy to read...I wonder if the literary community snobs at her style of essay just because it's in blog format...

I am a HUGE Hyperbole and a Half fan, and I was so delighted when she published her first book. Her pieces on depression were spot-on, poetic, and heartbreaking, and I identified so much with them. Of course, even at her silliest, her stuff is a joy to read...I wonder if the literary community snobs at her style of essay just because it's in blog format...

One of the stories we read for class this semester was called "Church Cancels Cow," and for me it read exactly like a blog. Of course, when I brought this up in class, the professor said, "Well, I don't think I'd call it thaaat," you know, like, oh, it's not that bad, is it? And you often get lit fic enthusiasts who have to explain why their favorite piece of fantasy or historical fiction doesn't count as "genre fiction." So I have to say, the format probably has less to do with it and more so the label, as well as the fact that certain particular snobs haven't accidentally picked it up.

Oh, and I also love Hyperbole and a Half. I've been meaning to go back and read the whole blog from the beginning, but haven't had time because school.

New Threads

Top Bottom