• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Album Covers!

Radioheadhailtothethief.png

I had a decidedly major shift in my music tastes in the late 60s. I would only listen to classical music up until my early twenties. Many of the albums I bought during this period were as much influenced by the cover as anything else. I would buy an album for its cover without having heard any of the music inside. It was always something of a revelation when the needle hit the first groove.

SO....
View attachment 74174

Then there was this
View attachment 74173

Pink Floyd had many Iconic covers, but this was the first album of theirs that I bought and it made me a huge fan. I lucked out and actually saw the first live performance of "The Wall" at the Los Angeles Sports Arena 0n February 7th 1980. Memorable for the fire that stopped the show which was caused by pyrotechnics set off at the close of the opening number.
I got to see Floyd in Cleveland Stadium in the early 80s.
The other feather in my cap was viewing "The Wall" in a theater when it was first released..

As much as I like Killing Joke, I'll be the first to admit that their album covers can be hit or miss. However, this cover has always been amazing to me.

KJ.jpg

The original Tea for the Tillerman album taught me to play guitar in 1971.

Attachments

• CAC1ED3E-1165-44C4-8B53-6EEE57D3B2DD.jpeg
    CAC1ED3E-1165-44C4-8B53-6EEE57D3B2DD.jpeg
    670.9 KB · Views: 54
Baroness has awesome album covers that I most likely cannot post here due to rules against nudity.

New Threads

Top Bottom