• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Album Covers!

Magna

V.I.P Member
Rather than being a thread about bands that might cover entire albums of other bands, this is a thread for posting the images of the covers of albums, album covers that you like. Just the album cover rather than videos. I'll start with a few...

vinyle-brian-eno-another-green-world-reedition-lp-remasterise-pop-rock.jpg

in.jpg

In Through the Out Door - Led Zeppelin (1979)

From Wikipedia:

The original album featured an unusual gimmick: the album had an outer sleeve which was made to look like a plain brown paper bag (reminiscent of similarly packaged bootleg album sleeves with the title rubber-stamped on it), and the inner sleeve featured black and white line artwork which, if washed with water, would become permanently fully colored. There were also six different sleeves featuring a different pair of photos (one on each side), and the external brown paper sleeve meant that it was impossible for record buyers to tell which sleeve they were getting. The pictures all depicted the same scene in a bar (in which a man burns a Dear John letter), and each photo was taken from the separate point of view of someone who appeared in the other photos. The photo session in a London studio was meant to look like a re-creation of the Old Absinthe House, in New Orleans, Louisiana.

The album artwork was designed by Hipgnosis' Storm Thorgerson. In 1980, Hipgnosis was nominated for a Grammy Award in the category of Best Album Package for In Through the Out Door.

---------------

I got this album when it was released and I remember wiping it with water. I might still have it here in my collection or it might be at my mother's house. I'll have a look.

Update: I found three copies of Zeppelin II, and one each of Zeppelin I / IV / Physical Graffiti. I don't see Houses or In Through the Out Door? They might be in my daughter's room but she's sleeping. I really doubt I left them at my mother's. I don't think I ever had III on vinyl, just CD.

I found lots of other gems too - albums I didn't remember having like Moody Blues Long Distance Voyager.

Last edited:
That band confused me when I was a kid, I would hear foreigners on tv mention Hüsker Dü. "Husker du" is Norwegian and means "Do you remember?" And it was before the internet so you couldn`t just google it. I thought it was so odd, Americans and Brits saying Husker du. It made so little sense. Then I found out it was an American band and it still didn`t make any sense. :)

The name was taken from an old board game. Why? This is the same band who's first album was called "Land Speed Record" and had pictures of flag-draped coffins on the cover, so probably just because it was a hardcore punk thing to do.

ZWc.jpeg

By the way, an album I like with a cover I love.

Screen-Shot-2021-04-30-at-12.29.33-PM-600x580.png

van_halen___women_and_children_first_by_phantomofmetal_daj9ysn-fullview-e1584719324133.jpg

706a5b6d-29bf-46f4-b185-c072f42e2f33_1.7e0f53453df3b795f84cbd2527e3f15e.jpeg

Two of the first albums I bought myself when I was probably 12. I wore them out on my portable record player playing them so much.

I had a decidedly major shift in my music tastes in the late 60s. I would only listen to classical music up until my early twenties. Many of the albums I bought during this period were as much influenced by the cover as anything else. I would buy an album for its cover without having heard any of the music inside. It was always something of a revelation when the needle hit the first groove.

SO....
Wendy-Carlos-Switched-On-Bach.jpg

Then there was this
Pink-Floyd-Ummagumma.jpg

Pink Floyd had many Iconic covers, but this was the first album of theirs that I bought and it made me a huge fan. I lucked out and actually saw the first live performance of "The Wall" at the Los Angeles Sports Arena 0n February 7th 1980. Memorable for the fire that stopped the show which was caused by pyrotechnics set off at the close of the opening number.

New Threads

Top Bottom