• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adulting...

All of these responsive's are easier said then done, you can't expect me to ignore everything ALL the time, it's not possible. But, i do understand. I'm going through my own demons. Everyone is.
Mostly just wanted to vent i suppose. I'm not as dense as to not understand when someone is working or when they are with family etc... etc... It's just at times it's people who've let me down, and to call someone "Friend" and then have that change on you in an instant.. is very hard.

You can pretend to have an "Iron Will" but the reality is, you just can't.

If you think not answering your texts is 'evil', then you have led a very sheltered life.

Also, we all tend to expect that other people will think and feel as we do. They don't.

Ouch, yeah. Alright... Wasn't my point. But, yeah. They're not "Evil" at the time of typing i was quite passionate. Having a sheltered life is better then getting hurt in my opinion. I keep those dear close to my heart.

I disagree. Having a sheltered life is not better than being hurt. Having the ability to deal with hurt and having a safe place to heal from hurt are much better strategies.

Cowering in a cave so that the lion will not get you is not as optimal as learning how to fight the lion safely. Yes you will get hurt on occasion, but you will be fully engaged with your own life.

I disagree. Having a sheltered life is not better than being hurt. Having the ability to deal with hurt and having a safe place to heal from hurt are much better strategies.

Cowering in a cave so that the lion will not get you is not as optimal as learning how to fight the lion safely. Yes you will get hurt on occasion, but you will be fully engaged with your own life.

Alright, i respect that. But, i am not afraid of being hurt per say. I just enjoy the peace that comes along with it. My home is my safe place, and if this man wants to cower in a cave and avoid the lions i am fine with that.

Alright, i respect that. But, i am not afraid of being hurt per say. I just enjoy the peace that comes along with it. My home is my safe place, and if this man wants to cower in a cave and avoid the lions i am fine with that.

That is, of course, your choice. You must live your life as you deem best.

Makes sense to me.

Frankly the lions are jerks anyway.

In all seriousness though, I tend to do the same. It's like, I COULD go out and engage with society, but I may as well stick my hand in a vat of acid. Methinks I'll just stay here with the dog instead. I got lucky in that my friends/family all understand this, fortunately. But for many, those around them have a tough time understanding the desire to just keep to yourself at times.

Makes sense to me.

Frankly the lions are jerks anyway.

In all seriousness though, I tend to do the same. It's like, I COULD go out and engage with society, but I may as well stick my hand in a vat of acid. Methinks I'll just stay here with the dog instead. I got lucky in that my friends/family all understand this, fortunately. But for many, those around them have a tough time understanding the desire to just keep to yourself at times.

Haha, true. My dog is my best mate. An intelligent little guy, he doesn't judge, and he loves without question. If only i could say the same about the world. I've noticed my closest friends are comfortable with me and understand me, it's a blessing. It's meeting the new, and getting them to ease up to me.
Which rarely happens. But, when it does. I'm the most loyal friend. Take a chance on the dork i say.

I will answer texts immediately (unless I've accidently left my phone at home or in the other room). I have one daughter who will text a question. I answer immediately and she won't see it for a few days. It drives me crazy but it's just her way. Once in a while she'll text a question and I'll think it's important and call her because it's something that needs explained and she don't answer. I know she's at her phone because she just texted me. But then I remind myself that she doesn't feel like talking right now, so I'll text her to call me when she is able to talk. She also has kids and I know she may be doing something with one of them - like rocking the baby to sleep and can't talk. I don't like making others wait for me for anything so I kind of have a hard time understanding that not everyone thinks the way I do.

"Gandhi was extraordinarily obsessed by what he ate and its physical consequences. A favorite book (one is impressed by the intellectual poverty of his reading) was called “Constipation and Our Civilisation.” During his interwar period at the Sevagram hermitage, the first question he asked his female attendants each day was:
'Did you have a good bowel‐movement this morning, sister?' "

Mahatma Gandhi and His Apostles

Are you regular?

(imagining a world where this replaces 'How are you' - an aspie replies in great detail not realising it is small talk and there should be a brief positive answer only )
Beats talking about the weather.

I can do both... at the same time :D

Bean experiencing particularly inclement weather for the past week, with frequent, violent thunderstorms, but weather set to clear over the weekend as we move on to tuna pasta. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom