• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adult with Recent Diagnosis

neilwalker1970

Hi,

I'm 44 years old and only recently got a diagnosis of Aspergers. This after many years going to different therapies for my anxiety and really getting nowhere.

I'm looking for ideas help with anxiety particularly with meeting people, making conversation and doing new things.

Nice to have you join. When I use to live in Toronto I attended a social anxiety group. It was a big help. Maybe there a group like this in your area?

Hello, Neil. Welcome aboard!

I'm 58, and became aware of having AS at about your age. Better late than never. I hoe you find it will make sense of some things about yourself that may have added to your anxiety in the past.

I have an anxiety disorder as well. I think you'll find a lot of people here with comorbid conditions that complicate matters a bit. I'm sure you'll find some helpful support. Just having a place to ask questions and air out feelings has been good for me. I hope you find the same experience, here.

Welcome to AC, Neil. I'm in my late 50s, self-diagnosed. It's amazing what can be learned by others here with similar issues and concerns.

Hi Neil, I'm 61ish and was late diagnosed (50).

This is a great place for information, resources or just to chill out.

Hi, Neil. I'm 52, and I'm self-diagnosed. I suffer from anxiety and depression also. There are lots of good people here with good advice, and who will be happy to point you in the direction of helpful resources. Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard! The helpfulness and support of this community are phenomenal. You will find a diverse and interested audience for questions around here.

New Threads

Top Bottom