• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adult Aspie Discovery

sorry, what has happened very recently?
The symptoms you describe sounds like PTSD ,when I say the word recently it's connected to a recent trauma !that could be a car accident, a very loud noise ,physical injury ,psychological damage has sort !!!!of categories !!
which is not extremely accurate ,because a human being has more than a psychological state they also have a physical state!
your physical symptoms sound like a panic attack ( just so you understand panic has two sides what you call hyper is usually described as excited !!!but it has the darker side fearful ,hyperventilation ,nausea ,in the extreme emptying of your bowels and bladder !),which is lasting more than a few minutes !some people don't know this ,they think they only last a few minutes , they can last hours or days.
now I realise you've also had an epiphany , it's not nice to experience but it has to happen .
hope this is clearer

Is that you, mother?

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough in my intro but I'm quite a guarded person given people's attitudes. I am sure you mean well. But it came across as patronizing, as if I haven't lived with this my whole life and only now do I understand why. Tbh I didn't think I'd find this attitude on a forum like this.

I am sure you mean well.

I am also sure she means well. - Which means there was no attitude attached.

You may have been triggered in some way - (ie guarded person)

I am sure everyone can take a deep breath.

Noting that you ended your post with a barb - also displays an attitude.

I understand it's defending yourself.

But it was from nothing.

But it was from nothing.

I just want someone to understand and not tell me I'm having panic attacks or PTSD from loud noises, I would never judge someone if I didn't know their whole story and that's how it felt. I can only tell you how it felt to see that, here of all places. Deep breaths. :( :confused:

But it was from nothing.
no I didn't mean any harm what I meant is I understand because I suffer from them and it's very hard to cope with them it helps a bit if they have a name she sounded like it had started to become very unpleasant very recently and I didn't know if she knew the name of it as you can do a certain amount to help yourself if you know the name

this is the reason I don't really contribute to this forum

I think it's very easy for 2 people to be triggered.

Then they can walk off misunderstanding each other.

Yet they responded the same way (ie defensively as I have many times)

And forget that's what they have in common.

It's tough being triggered a lot.

I know you know that :)

Last edited:
I have problems if people don't make themselves clear to me. Sometimes I feel like an idiot I can't read between the lines but for sure i will take hold of the wrong end of the stick and beat about the bush with it. Thanks for keeping on trying! :D

I have problems if people don't make themselves clear to me. Sometimes I feel like an idiot I can't read between the lines but for sure i will take hold of the wrong end of the stick and beat about the bush with it. Thanks for keeping on trying! :D

I think it's a common problem.

Has been for me over the years.

One realisation I also had is that I am much more obscure than I thought and also hard to follow.
So I have problems communicating clearly.

It doesn't help ,of course,when I also try to be obscure or funny - with references no-one understands.

But it turns out, I also find that funny :)

I was going to say that but I couldn't remember exactly where you came from in the north-east and I think I remember you lived in the US for awhile so it confused me

I stayed in Florida for a while, moving back and forward. Not too far from Sunderland.
20 miles - ish.

I stayed in Florida for a while, moving back and forward. Not too far from Sunderland.
20 miles - ish.
wish I could stop talking I've got a chest infection and my stress cough starts if I get upset which happens with a lot of things now but no I'm autistic so I'm addicted

20 miles - ish.
is it sunny where you are ?it never fails to make me smirk !when you are on the what used to be called intercity !and you get to Darlington :pit's sunny and then it's like God said no the north-east of England is not allowed sun The north-east of England is only allowed dark clouds

New Threads

Top Bottom