• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adult Aspie Discovery

Mór-Ríoghain

Hi I'm Mór-Ríoghain (Mor-Ree-an) and I'm Irish. I tested 30 out of 31 on the Asperger's test and suddenly everything seemed to make sense since I was a child.

I'm having difficulty coping lately. Hyper highs, lows, feeling emotionless yet deeply unhappy, supremely anti social, and realizing I've been bullied and confronted about this my whole life.

Nice to meet you all, hope to find some relief here!

Hi Mór-Ríoghain :)

welcome to af.png

Thank you, it's very overwhelming. Also all the pop up advertisements are freaking me out a little, makes it hard for me to concentrate.
The ads in a general membership are there to help with our funding.

You have two choices concerning the removal of pop up ads, one is to join our VIP membership which helps support the forum, or the other is to use a pop up blocker ;)

Hello and welcome. When I have a specific question about autism, I type it into the search bar and, usually, find articles particular to that subject. That's actually how I ran across this place - I had typed in 'autism difficulty recognizing faces' and a thread from here came up and I was amazed at all the people who had similar problems.

Hi and welcome! People here are so nice, helpful and welcoming. To begin with you might just want to read through some of the threads until you feel ready to leave a comment or share something about yourself. That's the way I got started. I still sometimes just lurk and don't comment. :)

Welcome to the forums.
I found this site when I first started gathering info on Asperger's after I was diagnosed.
After introducing myself, I started watching the new posts that are listed and sometimes just reading
or if it is a subject I really relate to I post on the thread.
Some of the older threads I find interesting I keep up with too.
This is a really good place to learn about ASD from real people with honest questions and replies.

Hi & Welcome,
Just a trivia type question. Is 'Maureen' an adapted version of your name?

Hi & Welcome,
Just a trivia type question. Is 'Maureen' an adapted version of your name?

hey Tom! Maureen is from Máire, which is an Irish version of Mary/Miriam. In Irish it'd be Máirín. Mór Ríoghain is an old Celtic legend name, she was the goddess of war, Anglicised as Morrigan, means Great Queen.

Hi I'm Mór-Ríoghain (Mor-Ree-an) and I'm Irish. I tested 30 out of 31 on the Asperger's test and suddenly everything seemed to make sense since I was a child.

I'm having difficulty coping lately. Hyper highs, lows, feeling emotionless yet deeply unhappy, supremely anti social, and realizing I've been bullied and confronted about this my whole life.

Nice to meet you all, hope to find some relief here!
have you ever been diagnosed with PTSD?if it's happened lately think to yourself what traumatic event happening to me lately most people would start to have coping mechanisms you sound like it's happened very recently

New Threads

Top Bottom