• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A thank you from me

inabox

Don't EVER give up
V.I.P Member
I'm hoping I'm posting this in a sensible place...
I have been through a difficult time lately and I was very grateful that I found here.
I'd like to express my appreciation for all of you for helping me retain my sanity. I had spend the last 5 years with my partner who I spent nearly every moment of every day with. Some people might think this is unhealthy, but he was in agreement with me, that we kept each other sane and each other were the only people we could each spend time with comfortably. He had aspergers too and meant the world to me. He died very suddenly and unexpectedly and since he has gone I feel kinda empty, which I'm guessing is to be expected. So I was not going to let myself go to pieces as he might have thought that I'd given up after all his hard work on "fixing" me, which would be bad, especially as I now have to raise our young son to be happy and healthy, so I can't let this get in the way. It wasn't his fault and if he's aware of what is going on now (I do not know what happens after death) he might feel a bit of guilt, which I would never want him to do. So I had to remain (relatively) sane and find a way of not feeling quite so alone while not having to spend time in people's company who I haven't invited into my world.
I think people in my world are either here with my approval (including people on AC), or they're uninvited which usually equates to not having my approval for them being here.
So thank you guys. You may not realise that you are helpful and special to people who you don't know, but (in a non-creepy way!) you are to me.
And I hope that doesn't come across as weird.

Not weird at all, AC was my saving grace too, although not in such heart rending circumstances. I'm glad you found us and I'm sure all of us hope you'll stay.

Edit -

Hope you don't mind but I moved your post to the General discussion where it may be seen by more people.

Not weird at all, AC was my saving grace too, although not in such heart rending circumstances. I'm glad you found us and I'm sure all of us hope you'll stay.

Edit -

Hope you don't mind but I moved your post to the General discussion where it may be seen by more people.
Thank you. I'ts ok, it should be where ever it's most appropriate. I just wasn't sure where that was

We kind of put the function into disfunction here...

You are going to have to be quite a bit more intense to creep me out :D

I hope you remain here and that I can be in your inner circle ;)

I am thankful every day for AC, and for posts like yours, that remind me other people are like me, to pick my head up, and appreciate those around me. Such as you.

Come often, inabox, with or without your box.

I am thankful every day for AC, and for posts like yours, that remind me other people are like me, to pick my head up, and appreciate those around me. Such as you.

Come often, inabox, with or without your box.
Thank you. I might well be without my box. I'm only ever in my box because I have been out there against my will and I do not feel like I'm being pushed towards an open and awaiting box here. (That's a compliment)

Thank you all for accepting me, and being friendly. It hasn't happened in my life as often as a person would have hoped, so I guess I'm not used to it and it is strange, in a good way.

New Threads

Top Bottom