• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A sneaky theory I have about my aunt

Mainline christianity attributes no supernatural powers to the ceremonies of baptism, communion or confirmation. These practices are done in memory of affirmation of deeply held beliefs. They are acts of worship and displays of faith before God and our fellow believers. We do not claim or expect any supernatural power to be released or manifested by our actions. Most of us DO NOT believe in transsubstantiation. Circumcision is a Jewish thing. There is no requirement for circumcision to become a christian, except maybe from some fringey groups here and there.

You ought to educate yourself before expounding on a subject. You paint sloppily and with a very broad brush, to which you have applied different colours indiscriminately, thus making a mess.

So your whole argument is based on whether you do a thing knowingly or not? It's pretty obvious that most indoctrinated people do not truly understand what they are doing. And to trust that your controllers would openly admit their practices are ritualistic when they are trying to paint rituals as evil? ... yup, no critical thought there. Just listen to your church, buddy.

I didn't say people knowingly participate in rituals. But you do whether your mind is developed enough to realize that fact or not. You can call it a display of faith but at the end of the day they are ceremonies and rituals. Be in denial all you want that's how it is. Objectively.

ritual (rĭchˈo͞o-əl)

• n.
    The prescribed order of a religious ceremony.
  • n.
    The body of ceremonies or rites used in a place of worship.
  • n.
    The prescribed form of conducting a formal secular ceremony: the ritual of an inauguration.

"Circumcision is a Jewish thing. There is no requirement for circumcision to become a christian"
You make it sound like the baby has a choice. Lmao!
This decision is entirely up to his parents. The baby cannot speak for himself. This practice takes place in many christian and catholic churches. Especially in the western world & westernized countries. United States. Canada. with the small exception (and there will be exceptions in everything) being Europe and South America where the rates are lower.

Anyway if you want to be diluted and miss the point that's fine. But don't attack others calling them stupid (You ought to educate yourself before expounding on a subject.) when you don't even have your "facts" straight. You just waste our time and make yourself look foolish.

Last edited:
I'm so confused. None your post seems to be responding to the quoted post. You make a long argument about how they are, in fact, rituals, but I can't find in the quote where he says they aren't, just that magical powers aren't attributed to them.

Then you talk about circumcision not being the babies' choice, but all he said was that it's a Jewish thing, presumably as opposed to Christian.

And two people "agreed" with you so I must be missing some thing. One time I was confused, it turned out that some posts were deleted, so maybe that's the case!

So your whole argument is based on whether you do a thing knowingly or not? It's pretty obvious that most indoctrinated people do not truly understand what they are doing. And to trust that your controllers would openly admit their practices are ritualistic when they are trying to paint rituals as evil? ... yup, no critical thought there. Just listen to your church, buddy.

I didn't say people knowingly participate in rituals. But you do whether your mind is developed enough to realize that fact or not. You can call it a display of faith but at the end of the day they are ceremonies and rituals. Be in denial all you want that's how it is. Objectively.

ritual (rĭchˈo͞o-əl)

• n.
    The prescribed order of a religious ceremony.
  • n.
    The body of ceremonies or rites used in a place of worship.
  • n.
    The prescribed form of conducting a formal secular ceremony: the ritual of an inauguration.

"Circumcision is a Jewish thing. There is no requirement for circumcision to become a christian"
You make it sound like the baby has a choice. Lmao!
This decision is entirely up to his parents. The baby cannot speak for himself. This practice takes place in many christian and catholic churches. Especially in the western world & westernized countries. United States. Canada. with the small exception (and there will be exceptions in everything) being Europe and South America where the rates are lower.

Anyway if you want to be diluted and miss the point that's fine. But don't attack others calling them stupid (You ought to educate yourself before expounding on a subject.) when you don't even have your "facts" straight. You just waste our time and make yourself look foolish.

Your assumption about the "mental development" of a group as large and diverse as the global community of christians makes you look like a pathologically conceited fool. Narcissist much?
You should really be more concerned about your self awareness and what YOU are unknowingly doing.

I enjoy debates on pretty much any subject, but ad hominens ruin the fun!

I've found it a useful rule for myself to never debate subjects I have an emotional involvement in or ones where I have an emotional attachment to my position. I can't think of any that I would have that problem though, I try not to get too attached to ideas...

"Should ducks be exterminated?" would probably be a debate I would avoid.

Actually that reminds me of a serious example, a debate on the merits of vegetarianism or veganism I would avoid. I have bad thoughts about people opposed to the life-style. :D

But anyway, debate with love, or else it's in the best interest of everyone and dah world to just stop, in my opinion.

Which is also me saying I'll stop answering in this thread now.

EVEN IF SOMEONE MENTIONS DUCKS.

That's just how serious I am. :cool:

Have fun! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom