• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A question about breadboards

GoofKing

All your bases are belong to us
I have a question about this breadboard, because it's different than the ones I came across when reading tutorials on them.

I was wondering where the power hooks up on this breadboard and the tutorials said that on both sides it's doubled like this:

XX XXXX XXXX XX
XX XXXX XXXX XX
XX XXXX XXXX XX
XX XXXX XXXX XX
XX XXXX XXXX XX

But mines like this:

X XXXX XXXX X
X XXXX XXXX X
X XXXX XXXX X
X XXXX XXXX X
X XXXX XXXX X
X XXXX XXXX X

So on my breadboard are the power connectors on the side parallel or serial ? Or does it not matter where I hook up the wires ?

It's probably the case that the edges are connected through columns and the center connections are rows. You can always take an ohmmeter and check the connections.

It's probably the case that the edges are connected through columns and the center connections are rows. You can always take an ohmmeter and check the connections.

I got a multimeter or two but no ohmmeter ... So the ones on the single column edges are connected to rows of four then or would it be that the single columns are connected parallel to each other ?

The bottom one has two columns for your power buss. The top one has four columns, two on each side. It gives an easy way to reach your positive and negatives supply from either side of rows. Usually you jumper one of the left columns to one of the right columns, then jumper the remaining two. Then you have power on both sides. But of course you could have a ground and then 1, 2, or 3 other voltages on those columns.

New Threads

Top Bottom