• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A possible helpful idea for those of us with sleep problems.

Interesting. It does seem promising that science is finally making strides in the gut & brain connection in regards to sleep, but also mood and more. I also think many people have unknown food intolerances or poor eating habits that greatly effect the health of the gut (Bacteria level imbalance, etc.).

I was a disbeliever for years because it did not seem logical to me that a person's digestive system impacts the brain. But going gluten and dairy free (Also cut out processed sugars) made a noticeable difference with anxiety and sleep and even cognition. Food intolerances along with unhealthy, processed food damage the gut and its balance of bacteria.

Sad thing is that the field of medicine only makes money if they can come up with a prescription to help. So, instead of healing the source of the problem through diet and problem-solving individual food intolerances or allergies, they will produce live biotherapeutic agents like in this article in order to profit.

Guess, the most important thing is that people find relief. I'm still learning and appreciate the article as I strive to expand my knowledge and understanding.

Just a few review articles on the topic:

Just a few review articles on the topic:

Thanks for the links! I find all of this so interesting. :) But, I couldn't really access the second article from nature.com without a subscription. :(

Everything in the body is related.
It wasn’t before I went to a massage education, I realised that my very often tense stomach muscles had with the vagus nerve to do! And that many with aspies/PTSD tend to have that because of anxiety.

Do let us know if a pill comes on the market. One day, I had to drive for hours and didn't have time to pack a lunch, so I decided on a "juice fast" and to catch up on my apple consumption with a quart of apple juice for the ride. It took years to stop the ensuing loose bowels. Three kinds of doctors had failed, but then a guy from India knew what to prescribe. I doubt that everything is restored, though.

New Threads

Top Bottom