• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Lunar Love Story

Rodafina

Hopefully Human
Staff member
V.I.P Member
1675473596918.jpeg

My favorite Waits is his rendition of Heigh Ho from Snow White.

Wow! How have I managed to miss this one?! I thought I had heard everything he recorded! Sounds like a prelude to The Black Rider! Thanks for linking it!

I have to say I like his interpretation, somehow both exactly what I expected and not at all as I expected.

I once heard that Brian Blessed was sing "Silent Night" on a Christmas album. I thought, "Yes, yes, that's exactly who should sing it, it may even rival Tom Wait's version!". Sadly it failed to be anything like it should have been, such a missed opportunity!

Wow! How have I managed to miss this one?! I thought I had heard everything he recorded! Sounds like a prelude to The Black Rider! Thanks for linking it!

I have to say I like his interpretation, somehow both exactly what I expected and not at all as I expected.

I once heard that Brian Blessed was sing "Silent Night" on a Christmas album. I thought, "Yes, yes, that's exactly who should sing it, it may even rival Tom Wait's version!". Sadly it failed to be anything like it should have been, such a missed opportunity!
That album has some greats on it. Sun Ra and His Arkestra doing Pink Elephants on Parade, Bonnie Rait and her soulful Baby Mine, and guess what Ringo Starr sings. A couple of tracks by Ken Nordine and his word jazz (a national treasure). Here is an embarrasment of riches Word Jazz Radio Series : Ken Nordine : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Last edited:
That album has some greats on it. Sun Ra and His Arkestra doing Pink Elephants on Parade, Bonnie Rait and her soulful Baby Mine, and guess what Ringo Starr sings.
That's really cool! I kinda have to try and track this album down now! I hope they released it on vinyl!

I had to look it up, but I should have known Ringo Starr would sing that one! I won't ruin the game for anyone else who wants to take a guess! :)

Thank you so much.
I'm so sorry @Rodafina I had no idea you had made this yourself! It looks so amazing and professional I thought you had found it on the internet! The lettering is outstanding! :) It's all amazing, but that part is like the sort of thing you'd see on birthday cards and comic strips! :)

The story is also lovely too! It immediately reminded me of the sort of thing Tom Waits would write about! :)

I'm so sorry @Rodafina I had no idea you had made this yourself! It looks so amazing and professional I thought you had found it on the internet! The lettering is outstanding! :) It's all amazing, but that part is like the sort of thing you'd see on birthday cards and comic strips! :)

The story is also lovely too! It immediately reminded me of the sort of thing Tom Waits would write about! :)
No need for apologies! Thank you very much, and you picked a great song to accompany it.

Rodafina, this is fantastic, and the fact that you did this yourself is the icing on the cake! Kudos to you!

New Threads

Top Bottom