• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A conversation with my husband

They *say* there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers, but that heavy sarcasm would have made me feel so stupid and hurt for asking something so simple it would have been like having acid thrown in my face.

My favorite conversation with my wife was in a grocery store in the produce section.

Years ago, my husband was having trouble in the garden with a tool, and I asked what was wrong with it. He said, quite seriously and still visibly frustrated, "It's just a cheap ass hoe." Then we laughed like a couple of 12 year olds.

@Anarkitty on this forum you never know where the subject may go off to or end up at. Sometimes there's a post that ends up being a humorous outlet for everyone - this is one of them. Thanks for starting it. :)

They *say* there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers, but that heavy sarcasm would have made me feel so stupid and hurt for asking something so simple it would have been like having acid thrown in my face.

We've been married for almost 30 years and know each other well. The heavy sarcasm was said as I smiled at him.

Your words were hurtful to me for no purpose whatsoever. They truly served no other purpose.

@Anarkitty on this forum you never know where the subject may go off to or end up at. Sometimes there's a post that ends up being a humorous outlet for everyone - this is one of them. Thanks for starting it. :)

I like that. :D I mostly just want to have fun here.

We've been married for almost 30 years and know each other well. The heavy sarcasm was said as I smiled at him.

Your words were hurtful to me for no purpose whatsoever. They truly served no other purpose.

She's just a bit younger than us. A bit rough round the edges for this kind of stuff .
But an equally valid opinion from her perspective,not related to yours.

Speaking as a husband,of course...

Unless you sounded really sarcastic, I probably would have had at least two seconds where I think, "OMG, REALLY!?" :eek:

Husband just came in after a phone call with his boss. He said, "He does this thing where he emails me and says, 'Call me as soon as you're up.'"

Me: *cringing* And you think: He got fired. I got fired. We all got fired. And Chicago is gone in a nuclear explosion. The apocalypse has begun, and I don't have a job, and we're all out of beans.

Husband: Something like that.

Any thread involving cheap ass hoes gets my approval. :tearsofjoy:

What!?! We aren't suppose to use our name. I am way smarter, l have a link to my bank account in my sig line, that is what the bank of Nigeria told me to do, or the spaceship would find me and abduct me. Omg, there are bright lights and a huge saucer thing in my front yard, gotta go.

Aaaaand we never saw her again.

You can never be to careful these days of course. I don't think using a form of your name is bad as a username, just don't give out your home address or credit card info.

Lol

Once, we had some visitors, when we were renovating and they asked in a very worried way, if we had a toilet and I smiled hugely and said: but of course we do! They immedately brightened up and I said: all you have to do, is go out the back door, walk across that field, minding the cattle ( who are not very welcoming) and right at the end, is a box, with the toilet inside. The horror that they showed, made me feel sorry for them and I said that I was teasing and showed them the toilet.

Another time, a chap who is a dr asked how I was going to get medicine ( we were in the country) and I said: the pharmacie and he said: you actually have a pharmacie here? I said with a very straight face: ah yes and we even have the sun and stars and moon here! Amazing eh?

I live in France.

Oh and my husband is similar. It is amusing that he is sure I am going to cause trouble for us, when it was he that caused it!

I never use my real name on forums, on this one it was a real headache actually. I have a usual handle on other stuff I go on but until I have the stomach for chasing an actual diagnosis I want to stay anonymous.

New Threads

Top Bottom