• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

99.9% sure I'm an aspie

michelletanner

Hi everyone! I came across aspergers about 3 weeks ago and thought it sounded like my boyfriend. I started reading more about it and realized that I fit the description perfectly. I read a book of personal experiences and related so deeply. I've discussed it with my mother (who is a nurse currently working with a toddler who is most likely on the spectrum) and after a few weeks she's convinced I'm right and its seeing out in herself. I feel no one will take me seriously when I say that my boyfriend, mom and I all have it (and I swear I'm seeing signs in my 16 month old but it's too soon to say).

A little about myself and why I'm here. I'm 24 and living with my boyfriend and daughter. We struggle with money and keeping the house clean, but we're great parents. Most of my focus goes towards my daughter. It's probably obsessive but I try to look at that as a strength. I graduated high school with "good" grades, but not high enough for me. I've gone through 10+ jobs. Most lasting 2 weeks or less. Only one I was at for a little over a year and I could only handle it because it was a small town grocery store where my best deepens worked and I could go to the back whenever I wanted. I made my way though most (2 months short) of cosmetology school. I had taken a leave of absence, and quit and came back, then quit again. The final time I was pregnant so I never went back.
I've been "diagnosed" depressed, anxious, bipolar...I'm not even sure what all there has been, but none of it stuck. This is the first thing I've come across that answers every question I've been asking for years. I've also read that my hypothyroidism and celiac/food allergies could be related.
So I am having a lot of challenges with this that I need to work through. Money, jobs, housekeeping, friendships, self care...the list goes on. I've switched from feeling worthless to feeling hopeful that if there are others like me that can manage maybe I can too.
Sorry if this is long or confusing. Hopefully this will be the one place I'm understood :)

Hey, you're more sure about it than I am and I was diagnosed with it. But I've been learning too that there's something to all of this after all. Lol.

Welcome! :)

Welcome to AspiesCentral! We try to keep the place clean but, you know....Aspies lol. Everyone here is way friendly, so feel free to carouse uninhibited by the feelings of judgement, cause we understand.

Hey Welcome to AC!!! Its great here! Come join us its a nice little supportive gang. SO welcome welcome!!!

Welcome to the forum. I have only been here a couple of weeks myself but I think you will feel understood here.

You could be right about your family and your boyfriend. I told my sister yesterday that I thought I had Asperger's, and I described it to her, and she immediately concluded she had it too. I wasn't really surprised, but I didn't expect her to see it in herself that readily. I wouldn't be surprised if my father were on the spectrum too; he spent most of his time tinkering in the basement while we were growing up and didn't really do much with us. Then there is a cousin who almost certainly has AS, and I suspect my wife's father does, too. My wife--I don't know--she seems better at talking to people than me but she has fewer friends outside work than I do, and when I read a book about living with someone with AS I sometimes wondered which one of us fit the descriptions better.

Have you talked with your boyfriend about it? I wonder if he would see it in himself.

Welcome to the forum. You are in the right place. And everyone is nice and very respectful here. Looking forward to your posts. Sorry life as been rough so far, hopefully you get support and tremendous suggestions here.

New Threads

Top Bottom