• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

3 weeks sober from alcohol

Just attempting sobriety strikes me as being incredibly brave.

I say this given I lived with an alcoholic for about three years and could never get her to budge when it came to her drinking. Making me feel like a failure over something that was slowly impacting the lives of others, beginning with her own daughter and me, her then boyfriend.

Recovery is a very rough road to walk. I get that.

But for those of you who try, whether you succeed or not, you rock! God bless.

Congratulations on your three weeks of sobriety. I wish you many more.

I don’t use alcohol mostly be choice. I don’t have addictions, thank god, but I don’t like how it makes me feel.

Keep up the good work!

my seizures are not really triggered by visual things. seems they are triggered by emotional distress, alcohol, high amounts of caffeine, tiredness / lack of proper sleep, stress. that seems to be the pattern. different types of alcohol will bring them on even harder and faster. wine, being the worst one.

Hey all, i would like to share my journey of sobriety, made it to 3 weeks so far! i am going through hell, mentally. my body feels tired and run down. i plan on not drinking booze ever again. I have been a drinker for 21 years. Not everyday though.

Are there any other drinkers or ex drinkers here? how did you get through it? please feel free to share your stories.
I was a binge drinker and an alcoholic literally starting on the day I turned 21, when I could buy my own booze. I didn't really make an effort to get sober until 2020, when I did a full year of sobriety. It really helped me get my mind right. It just comes down to choosing sobriety. Just always choose to not-drink. After a while other habits will emerge and it'll be up to you to determine if they're better or worse than drinking.

Maintaining sobriety has less to do with avoiding alcohol and more to do with understanding why you started drinking in the first place.

Reading your other posts, it sounds like you're on the right path! Just don't give up on yourself. I've been totally sober from alcohol and legal drugs for a week now, not even allowing myself to occasionally indulge in a "moderate" or "healthy" way, and this is really hard but I can observe the benefits every moment of every day.

If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate reaching out to me! Thanks for sharing.

Shevek (search on forum) is a doctor for advice and he also has own special re-hydrate formula. Worth considering as a Hanover cure, too.

New Threads

Top Bottom