• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

2013 resolutions :)

epath13

the Fool.The Magician.The...
V.I.P Member
I remember the last year resolutions and, it's hard to believe, I've done everything that I've promised to accomplish.

OK, so... the next year... 2013... intentions
1. to become more comfortable with organizing therapeutic activities, or any other kids activities at home
2. becoming more confident, stop doubting whether I do things right or not
3. resume spiritual (that's how I'm going to call it :) ) development and help my kids with that as well
4. Finish my 1st book and a part the other
5. be more accepting and understanding when communicating/ connecting to other humans, especially the "normal" ones
and the last but not least:
establish my business.

That's quite a list, hopefully I'll do as well as I have with 2012 resolutions :D

anybody else wants to share theirs? :)

I don't usually make resolutions because I never keep them. Before I quit making them, my goal was always to lose weight. I'd really like to do that in 2013, and actually I've already started. I think maybe I can actually do it this time because I've gotten help for my back issues. For the longest time I couldn't move around as much as I'd like, and it was almost impossible to exercise because of the pain.

I guess that sort of calls for an explanation...I have scoliosis, a bulging disk, my spine narrows towards the bottom, and I have arthritis in my back. And I'm only 26! Every doctor I went to treated me like a drug addict looking for pain pills, since I couldn't really convey how much pain I was in because of my lack of facial expression. I finally found one this year who believes me, and I'm getting the treatment I need. So hopefully in 2013 I will finally achieve my goal!

Get a job that 'fits' me
Start going to a psychologist
Get my NeuroPsych eval done
Finish that afghan I started last winter

Have as little to do with my 'family' as possible.
Try and get back on track with university studies.
Try not to meltdown so much.
Cut down on carbs and hopefully become obsessed with exercise again.

Lots more stuff I'd like to get done this year coming but it's just not going to happen( learn to drive, move home, stuff like that).

I just need to spend less money on alcohol and put more of it in the bank. I need a "back-up" fund direly.

Practice drawing or painting, write more consistently, watch more challenging movies at least a couple of times a week, exercise and try to cut down on sweets without getting hostile

I've not made any "resolutions," per se. I have my goals, but they would still be goals regardless of whether the annular odometer passed another tick. :)

Take as many steps as possible towards getting back into school.
Read as much as possible.
Get through the winter safe and sound and healthy.

That last one is the most important and pressing of them. This has always been a terrible time of year for me, and however much hope I have of accomplishing it, every single year something goes wrong--sometimes disastrously so. All I can hope is to do my best and build upon my past experiences to keep myself out of the psych ward.

exercising! completely forgot about it! I just need to find 30 minutes a day! I guess it's the number 7 then :) that's a good number :)

Drink more.
Sleep less.
Eat more unhealthy foods.
Gain weight.
Stop exercising.

I'd like to exercise more, loose weight, eat better, have more patience with my family, learn tolerance of others. On the business side, I'd like to get more freelance graphic design clients and be less dependent on my regular editing job. I'd also like to travel more. With next year's book tour I'll be travelling through Canada, but I'm afraid that my stress from having to read and perform social niceties will prevent me from enjoying any of it. I'd love to travel to Europe, but that will have to wait a year or two, or longer.

Last edited:
- Get a perfect night's sleep EVERY night by taking the right actions that lead there (no way I'm going to ZONK myself into oblivion with sleeping pills!)
- WRITE more, write seriously, well & often & then publish my work: to heck with fearing fame.
- Live more of a spa/resort lifestyle: pamper myself & take care of my needs. I've done a lot for others & I deserve a turn too.
- I'm slim & trim but I want to improve cardio, endurance & muscle strength & eat even better than I do.
- Expand the organic garden out back.
- Meditate & improve my cognitive/mental health.
- Find & do exercises to imrpove my coordination: I'm tired of being a klutz!

Get a job
Keep exercising 2hrs a day and reach my fitness dream.
Do more fun activities like horseback riding,swimming,bowling
Adopt a Boa

New Threads

Top Bottom