• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

10 Things We All Secretly Hate...

AGXStarseed

How many of these do you hate?

1. Hangnails: Definitely; I had one recently and it hurt a lot.
2. Cringe Memory: Yeah, I've got a few memories I look back at and think to myself "you were an absolute idiot".
3. Swinging on Chairs: Yep, definitely done this and have fallen off on the odd occasion.
4. Wi-Fi: No argument - when it goes down or goes slow, I get ticked.
5. Cashier Rush: In this event, I just try and move as much out of the way as possible as I'm slow when it comes to packing things away anyway.
6. Pop-Ups: Definitley - I've had to install Adblock Ultimate and Popup Blocker Ultimate to keep the majority of them away (although I do take both of them down for certain websites).
7. Phone Orientation: Don't have a smartphone so it doesn't bother me, although I see it bothering my mum when she tries to get her phone orientation to go how she wants it.
8. Toothpaste: Not that much of an issue to really annoy me.
9. Low Battery: Again, not that much of an issue - I use an old 'dumbphone' whose battery life is pretty decent.
10. Forgotten Phone: Nope - I don't always take it with me and if I leave it, it's usually not a big deal.

4. Wi-Fi: No argument - when it goes down or goes slow, I get ticked.

Not only get ticked, I've smashed several keyboards and two mouses having a tantrum-like meltdown as a result. "This is not working, smash, smash, stupid mouse, bang, bang, why are you not working?, bang, smash, bang!

6. Pop-Ups: Definitely - I've had to install Adblock Ultimate and Popup Blocker Ultimate to keep the majority of them away.

Have several pop-up blockers, if I go to a website and there's a pop-up that I can't get rid of I usually leave. There was a creepy one the other day at a game site, where the prize for winning was asking my age, country, email address and whether I wanted a free happy meal from mcdonalds if I answered their questions. Just creepy and obviously aimed at children.

8. Toothpaste: Not that much of an issue to really annoy me.

Have had problems with toothpaste since I was a child, it irritates the inside of the mouth. Toothpaste makers should make one only for children, with their sensitive mouths and teeth, and superior sense of taste. Used to brush with baking soda for many years (even that was bitter), found a local maker of 'green' products with toothpaste that's relatively bland.

I don't know if I feel negatively about "swinging on chairs," since
I don't know what it is. Also, I've never used Wi-Fi or a smartphone
so slow/orientation aren't issues. I don't have a cell phone, so I
can't lose it or suffer from low battery. Ads are blocked on my PC.
Toothpaste is not a problem,assuming I am the one picking it out.

So what does that leave? Disliking hangnails. Papercuts aren't
high on my list of fun experiences, either. 'Unpleasant memories'
opens this list up to thoughts of other behaviors/transactions that
include being treated peremptorily by a cashier, but rate higher
on the irritation scale. Being treated as a sub-standard piece of
humanity, for instance.

1. Hangnails: Yup, screw hangnails.
2. Cringe Memory: Ugh, this. So many cringe memories.
3. Swinging on Chairs: Ha, I do this and I've definitely tipped a few times.
4. Wi-Fi: Mine at home is reliable, but the most uttered phrase at work is "What the hell is the new wifi password?!"
5. Cashier Rush: I'm working as quick as I can, anyone has a problem with it then that's their problem.
6. Pop-Ups: Haven't seen one in years.
7. Phone Orientation: Yup. I shake my phone so much it's a good thing phones don't have necks.
8. Toothpaste: Not my biggest issue.
9. Low Battery: After a bad experience with this, battery life is a selling point for me when buying a phone
10. Forgotten Phone: Always in my left pocket, I never lose phones

Poor Battery life is kind of why I went back to Android phones after a few years with the I Phone, and even Androids aren't brilliant for Battery life, I'm lucky if a full charge on my Nexus 6 lasts 24 hours.

Low battery life is not a issue. I have a smart phone (wife's old phone), but I have everything shut off. I do not spend much time on the phone, maybe a hour a week. I charge it about every 4 or 5 days. I use it to make or take a few calls, that is all. I can not see good enough with that small screen, to use it for anything else. I have a PC with very large screen for that.

Pretty much anything manufactured with planned obsolescence or outright failure over a shorter rather than longer duration of time. Mostly because I'm old enough to recall an earlier era when most manufacturers considered such practices unforgivable to their customers.

Which reminds me of working in an era prior to corporate downsizing, once done only when a company was in financial peril, rather than as a slick way to contain costs and keep shareholders happy.

I dislike it when weather presenters say "Temperatures will struggle to get up to 5 degrees" (or whatever). Temperatures don't struggle - they exist in a state of Zen-like equanimity!

1. Hangnails: Yeah, it's not only that they hurt, they just annoy me because I'm always fiddling with them. I always cut them off as soon as I can, no matter how small they are.
2. Cringe Memory: Yes. Sometimes I even cry or have a meltdown again because of things that happened in the past.
3. Swinging on Chairs: Definitely had this happen.
4. Wi-Fi: Yep. I don't have the problem with my Wi-Fi going unconnected as much, but I do have the problem with my laptop connection ceasing to work.
5. Cashier Rush: Doesn't happen to me because I don't shop for my own food.
6. Pop-Ups: Yeah, these are annoying.
7. Phone Orientation: Yep, I hate it when I'm lying in bed looking at my phone and the screen tilts sideways.
8. Toothpaste: I'm sure I've had this happen. I've also had the soap fall out of my hand before I could wash my hands.
(the video seems to have stopped working at 5:06, so I haven't actually seen what it says for these last two)
9. Low Battery: Yes, this bothers me when I want to use my phone and find that it's almost dead.
10. Forgotten Phone: I don't usually take it with me, so this doesn't happen.

New Threads

Top Bottom