• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Zoning out?

My brain can shut down for periods of time but I don't know whether that is "zoning out" or petit mal epilepsy.

I was diagnosed with petut mal seizures as a kid and was even on medication. They went away on their own though, after a few years. Wonder if it could be related.

I go into little daydreams on random things at times. At break times at school I would (still do) pace up and down while daydreaming. At home, it happens when good songs come on in games/youtube and so on. It also happens when I'm out walking. I wrote on here a couple years back about the time when I accidentally walked so far ahead of my friend while on a walk to a dam my class was visiting. She had stopped to help a classmate, and she said to me, "go on ahead, I'll catch up." My reply was "oh ok". And I went trudging on ahead by myself. Not long into my walk, I fell into my daydream zone and I never got out of it until a teacher asked "weren't you walking with your buddy?". Oops. :p Being a fast walker, I had made an incredibly huge distance from my friend. Catch up, my friend never did that day.
But there was another time, that was even worse. I was with my mum walking through downtown Auckland, and like the previous story I fell into my daydream zone and something bad happened. In this case, I almost got hit by a reversing car.
I've had to learn to be careful.

I zone out automatically, sometimes I can choose to though. I've been so zoned out before that I've walked into traffic, kinda scary being brought back to reality with horns honking and people yelling. Oops

I zoned out on a regular basis as a kid. That is something that is not really a part of me any more at 31 years old. One of the Asperger traits I have grown out of.

New Threads

Top Bottom