• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your full list of smart (IoT) devices

This reminds me of one of the single stupidest greed showcases I've ever heard of.

Are you ready for this? I have to provide a link to this one, lest anyone think I'm making this up. It's that stupid.

I dont need to say much else, do I? I think that speaks for itself.

I cannot abide by the greed that BMW demonstrates, especially with my far cheaper Dodge, I own my heated seats, my heated steering while, and in snowy conditions I prefer my traction control to be off (traction control by causing individual wheels to brake), when on, it does things contrary to my input. Plus the U Connect console system is the best in the business.

I cannot abide by the greed that BMW demonstrates, especially with my far cheaper Dodge, I own my heated seats, my heated steering while, and in snowy conditions I prefer my traction control to be off (traction control by causing individual wheels to brake), when on, it does things contrary to my input. Plus the U Connect console system is the best in the business.

Honestly you can thank the video game industry (AAA side) for the BMW thing. Specifically, Bethesda and Activision (and others, all greedier than BMW). They started the infection, and it has now spread outward, past the boundaries of that industry and into places where it makes even less sense than it already did.

The fun part though is that consumers seem to be getting more and more fed up with that sort of nonsense. Eventually, something (or someone) is going to pop.

My father drives a BMW, always has, going back to the 90s. Heck if I know why, I dont know cars.

I personally have a simple Toyota van/car/something, previously owned by my grandfather. No console, no funky software whatevers, it's got a key and you put the key in and then you can pull the simple lever and hit the gas pedal and whaddya know, it goes forward. Without exploding, even! What a deal.

The rest of the family though, all those funky cars with "features" that I just cant understand.

yIf you want something German, buy a Mercedes is what I always say. :cool: Like an SLS AMG for example. BMWs are for greenhorns and gangsters. ;)
For something sporty, I will stay with my 2001 Toyota MR-2. Inexpensive to operate, well balanced, nimble, and fun, with only a processor for variable valve timing.

Subscriptions for software was bad enough. Now car features? Such greed knows no bounds. What next?

See that scowling woman seated over there knitting? She's Madame DeFarge and she's pissed. Society appears poised to go over the edge of another precipice in history. And it won't be pretty- again.

Bonjour, Monsieur Charles-Henri Sanson! :eek:

Last edited:
I'm kind of a luddite. I own abaci and the oldest item I regularly use is over a century old. I like things from past eras when they were made to last.

Simply put, technology is not intuitive. At times, technology can even make the process of doing tasks harder -as compared with earlier examples of technology. Technologies a decade or two old are often viewed as optimal.

New Threads

Top Bottom