• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite iOS apps?

IContainMultitudes

V.I.P Member
If you use an iPhone/iTouch/iPad (I have an iTouch, which is basically kind of an iPhone without the phone part and wifi-only), what are some of your favorite apps for it? (I don't know why I just now got the urge to start this topic.) Here are a few of mine:

Wikipedia Offline (Full version: $9.99, Lite version: Free): Kind of a pricey one (probably the most expensive app I've ever bought), but I consider it about $10 pretty well spent. There's just something super-cool about carrying around all of Wikipedia in your pocket (I think my 13 or 14 year old self would flip if he knew that he would own something like that one day). One of my favorite features is that you can shake it to bring up a random article and learn new little bits of useless knowledge. That's a pretty handy way to pass the time when I'm waiting on an appointment or something else someplace that doesn't have wifi.

3-D Sun (Free): One of my favorite astronomy apps, there are some other pretty good ones that you can get for free.

Google Earth, Maps, Translate, etc. (Free): Kind of a no-brainer.

IMDB (Free): A must have for movie nerds, of course.

Camera+ ($0.99): A nice little upgrade to the regular camera app, nothing too fancy but worth a dollar if you use the camera very often and want to improve your pics just a little.

Hotradio Japan/France/Korea/Brasil/Deutschland/Mexico/etc (Free): Neat little internet radio apps with streaming radio stations from various countries (there tons of other free radio/music apps that I have).

Retro Synth ($0.99): A pretty fun music toy; it's a reasonably accurate facsimile of a little electronic instrument called a stylophone (Kraftwerk used one in the song "Pocket Calculator"). A pretty simple little synth, but it's fun to try to tap out songs on it.

TonePad (Pro version: $0.99, Lite version: Free): A little Tenori-On-like app that's fun to play with.

Ataxx Arcade (Free): A little strategy game I like.

New Threads

Top Bottom