• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Favorite Color(s)?

If forced to choose one..what's your favorite color?

• Red

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Green

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Purple

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Pink

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grey/brown

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Black

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
I just thought of squares of the listed colours so I wouldn't think of any certain thing.
Purple is my favourite as just a colour.

Different colours for different moods or things.
I would say yellow and orange are my least favourites.

For various things I like muted olive type green (camo) clothes and bedroom walls.
Navy and dark blues are my favourite for clothes.
Mostly warm earthy tones for decor. Bring the outdoors in!
My house has plain, real stones for trim and the foyer and fire place are rocks.
Log beams on the ceiling and a cedar wall in the den. Hickory wood floors.
I don't like white walls, carpets, cabinets or clothes.
Pale yellow is ok, but, can't stand bright yellow cars or clothes.

Grey is another good one for clothes. It always feels comfortable.
Yellow is the opposite.
Warm orange is ok for some clothes. Don't care for pink or whites.
Black is always good for wearing. I also like black furniture. My bedroom suite is all black.
Brown leather is nice for furniture too or dark brown wood.

Now if you want to profile colours, here goes:
I look to the seven basic colours that make white and the chakra colours for mood.

You are psychologically drawn to a certain colour for clothes depending on mood.
Bright colours are cheery feeling and you may not like that intensity.
Or if you want to feel more cheery, you may subconsiously pick brighter clothes.
The dull colours of greys, black, or muted colours are usually comfortable for us.
Bright colours can go to the Penelope Garcia's of the world.

Red is powerful. Like the red power tie. Too much is overbearing and also represents
male prowess. Red light disctrict? That's why.
Orange and yellows? Again they are very extroverted colours unless muted. Pale yellows,
rusty, earthy orange.
Yellow is an upper in emotions and orange can be high female libido symbol.

Green is calming and loving. So a muted green room is relaxing.
This is why they put TV contestants in a green waiting room.
Bright green adds sparkle in small quantity.

Blues range from dark and fit with the moods of the blacks and greys.
Bright blue gives a feeling of openess and light hearted.
Purple is the most ethereal and spiritual colour. The crown chakra colour.
Purple are power ties also, purple robes, accents to you, nails, lipstick, accessories.

Pink is the odd one as it is half earthy, yet cheery. Half romantic and optimistic.
Pink walls drive the tough acting prisoners nuts. It makes them feel weak studies have shown.
Like mellow pills for the mean ones. ;)
So profile yourself. Oh, and white is all colours so it can feel strong despite looking like no colour at all.

It very much depends on the day, but colours I'm drawn to most are forest green, maroon, magenta (which apparently isn't a real colour!), dark purple, navy and GOLD!

full
(Maybe, he means magenta, the "imaginary" color...?)
..., magenta (which apparently isn't a real colour!),...
See How To See Colors That Don’t Exist

It depends on the object. Bananas and lemons look great yellow. Houses and cars do not.
I never liked the color of this truck, but it wasn't worth the effort to repaint it either.
It was my shop truck for about ten years or so, making it to 200,000 miles before the rear frame fell victim of the steel termites present here in what we refer to as the rust belt :p
33726_47ce03c505b82c793ce91f231ca6c291.jpg

I have some prismns in the east facing window.

86A4F837-7FFE-467B-8FB1-727E3CAC6043.jpeg

The linear pattern is a reflection from a copper pan. It reminds me of the patterns on beaches.

I remember, when my mother married my stepfather, I wanted to arrive at the wedding in a black tux, with a black shirt, a black tie, black dress shoes, black sunglasses and a black hat. I was twelve at the time. My mother was not amused by my wardrobe choices that day.

I wore black, then gray became my new black. Love navy blue. Ballet pink, neutral color which is linen color. I love colors that are metallic or have a pastel undertone or winter family undertone. Right now l have forest green and gray on. But love seafoam green, and that strange blue that isn't quite green. I like colors that fall in between shades that leave you scratching your head. Don't really like brown, orange. I can handle a muted yellow or a curry type yellow. Love the feeling of white in the kitchen, and bedroom. Very pretty. Neutral or linen is beautiful in the bedroom, very relaxing.

The colour of Earth's shadow on the moon during a lunar eclipse is always pretty. Glitter tubes with single colours ( especially gold ) look lovely. Also the colours from laser pointer beams ( red and green ) looked great too.

Love the feeling of white in the kitchen, and bedroom. Very pretty.
I think everyone down here feels that way except me.
I still like the earth tones and mountain/woods type decors.
Love the log cabin homes with the big front porch.

Black is my favorite, but I also like dark grey, purple and pink. Black is the most versatile. Maybe that's why it's my favorite. Not sure about that. I do really enjoy pink, but usually only for smaller things like pencils or my phone case or the case on my MacBook... that sort of thing. For big things, like cars, I prefer muted colors like black or neutrals.

I never liked the color of this truck, but it wasn't worth the effort to repaint it either.
It was my shop truck for about ten years or so, making it to 200,000 miles before the rear frame fell victim of the steel termites present here in what we refer to as the rust belt :p
View attachment 68330

I want that truck!!! That is a great color actually

I had to say my favorite is purple because I had to pick just one, but my favorite other than purple is actually teal/turquoise.
I also love orange, firetruck red, black, and pink.

I like black and I dislike yellow and green. except when I´m in nature, then green is okay, but not for clothes or furniture. and I like dark versions of colors more than their bright equivalent.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom