• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You shouldn't ignore your loneliness

The trouble is that other people have to choose to be your friends. You can't make anyone hang out with you.
If no one chooses to be with you then you'll be friendless and alone.

You can post your thoughts on forums for strangers to read and call that human social interaction. :)
We have a winner here. If no one cares and no I don't count family members as they are forced to live with you if no one chooses to be friends which I have this issue what to do, music, Tv (depressing no programs on lonely people) more depressed music.

And yeah, interacting with people on the internet is still social interaction, but real world social interaction is important too. Not everyone is able to have internet access.
Never understood as a Aspie how I am able to talk to strangers on the computer with ease. I was even able to talk to girls on the computer something I could never ever do in real life.

Good post!

I have been spending a lot of time recently thinking about my loneliness, because it looms large for me. It's probably when I feel my autism the most -- that feeling of being alone, and not wanting to be alone, while surrounded by people. Makes no sense to me, but that's how it is.

My monthly support group and a meetup on neurodiversity are my only social activities outside family. Both I started attending specifically to get myself some social contact.

New Threads

Top Bottom