• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You Ever Say Really Offensive Things Online?

You Ever Say Really Offensive Things Online?
Who wants to know...!?
full
...:p

Lol well, I have said some offensive or insensitive things online in the past. Sometimes it was just trolling or a bit of dark humour, sometimes it was genuinely not intentional.

Yes, about a children's menu!

Does that mean you eat children? :D:D:D
never in my life would I have thought what I heard on the quiz show Q I ,when gerbers baby food was first sold in Africa the purchasers thought it contained babies, because there was a picture of a baby's head on the label .

That story has been around a long time.
Snopes gives it a "Legend" rating.

"This rating is most commonly associated with items that describe events so general or lacking in detail
that they could have happened to someone, somewhere, at some time, and are therefore essentially unprovable.
"
upload_2019-6-14_13-9-18.png

"Perhaps this tale is so popular because it enables us to feel smugly superior to both the should-have-known-better multinational corporation, and the foreign rubes who don’t understand what a jar of baby food is. Note that the examples offered are marvels of non-specificity. No company is mentioned by name in the first two, but by the third a standard law of urban folklore has kicked in and the largest and most well-known purveyor of baby food in America (Gerber) is now identified as the perpetrator. More important, all three examples cite no locale more specific than “Africa,” as if the entire continent — from Tunisia to South Africa, from Senegal to Somalia — were home to a homogeneous mass of people, all of whom share a single culture and therefore all think and act alike. No doubt we’re supposed to conjure up the old stereotypical images of a mysterious land chock full of dark-skinned, scantily-clad, masked savages with bones through their noses who dance rings around large iron pots of missionary soup in time to the beat of tribal drums. Where else in the world but Africa would one find so many illiterate people? And ho-ho, isn’t it funny to think of those cannibalistic primitives as actually being shocked at the thought of someone else’s eating ground-up humans? What irony!

This tale is cultural prejudice at its worst; an apocryphal anecdote based on the premise of a whole society of illiterates who don’t know what baby food is are credulous enough to believe that someone would sell ground-up babies as food. None of the stores selling this stuff think to correct their misperceptions, of course, nor are we apparently supposed to consider that in regions where “most people can’t read,” “most people” also don’t generally have enough disposable income to be buying individual jars of prepared baby food in the first place."

from article at this link
FACT CHECK: Did Baby Food Jars Horrify African Consumers?

I have done so in the past, but usually because I didn't realize that what I said would be offensive. I have gotten accused of "negativity" a lot, even been banned from several forums for "negativity" and "victim mentality". I have points of view that some people find offensive, and that get me in trouble. Sometimes I get accused of "racism" when that was not my intent. In real life I am constantly angering people over very little things, an unintentional traffic interaction can turn into a one-way screaming match with the other guy screaming invective and that he'll kill me. Today I mainly stay home and off the internet, just cooped up in bed with the lights off where nobody can be angry that I'm using their valuable air. Once I move to a remote area I plan to stay on my land most of the time, only going into Yreka once or twice a week to get my snail mail and wash my clothes and get groceries, and go to Medford once a month to get what I need from Costco. I will have satellite internet for the stuff you need internet for. No cell phone service at the property. As long as I pay what few bills I will have, property taxes and internet and car related stuff, I pretty much will not exist as far as the outside world is concerned. :D:D

Not online, but... My mom says stuff like red haired people are bad people and never trust Hebrews/Jews cause they are red haired and men are not smart, in public. She reads all the worst books and believes every word they say.

I sometimes say 'heil Hitler' or 'mein fuhrer' to her.

Last edited:
Nope. I don't think I've ever said something offensive, online. Even when I used to play many PvP multiplayer games, unfortunate defeats and scurrility from others may have vexed me, but I've never retaliated.

We could retaliate. Sure, we could embroil ourselves and others, in the animosity, and start a mass altercation or brawl, but as Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

When confronted with spite, shut it down or avoid it, but don't retaliate with it... lest you also become the enemy you despise.

Not intentionally, though I may make points that are controversial. That's different from deliberately trying to hurt someone however. I assume folks that do intend harm must enjoy the taste of their own vomit so much that they can't help but spew online. Most forums have an 'ignore' function of some kind which works well in these instances.

Last edited:
Yes, I've said some *very* offensive things online, such as "vaccines don't cause autism" and "There's nothing wrong being autistic" and "The Earth is round".:D

And I've also said a few things about religion, the USA, and a certain unnamed president that got me temporarily banned from WP a few times.

New Threads

Top Bottom