• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You can't argue with a goat

Ken

V.I.P Member
I just love this so much I wanted to share. I have it on my desktop and watch it when I need a boost.

goat-goats.gif

Ed

I just love this so much I wanted to share. I have it on my desktop and watch it when I need a boost.
okay I love animals dogs and cats and birds. i always wanted a goat. that settles it now to find an apartment that will allow me to have a pet goat. the envy of the city

okay I love animals dogs and cats and birds. i always wanted a goat. that settles it now to find an apartment that will allow me to have a pet goat. the envy of the city

I would just say to be careful about that. I'm not sure a goat would like living in an apartment and I doubt if you would like it either. I say that because goats are extremely intelligent. Yes, they do make really good, close friends, but they know what's going on and they are amazingly good at alleviating anything they see as a problem.

Example: years ago, my father worked as a propane delivery person. One day, he was at a rural residence filling a tank. The tank was up on a hill. One side of the hill was a very smooth taper. The other side was very steep, almost cliff like steep. As he was filling the tank, a goat came up to see what was going on. My dad was a very mean person. He loved bullying people. So, to his delight, he sprayed the goat in the face with propane. He thought it was funny to see the goat run away braying loudly. My dad went on filling the tank, laughing at what he just did. Then suddenly he found himself tumbling head over heals down the cliff. Upon reaching the bottom and collecting himself, he looked up the hill to see the goat looking back down the cliff at him, braying, "Hey - don't you ever do that to me again!"

My point is that goats do make great, loving friends, but not pets. Having a pet goat would be the same as having a pet human.

I would just say to be careful about that. I'm not sure a goat would like living in an apartment and I doubt if you would like it either. I say that because goats are extremely intelligent. Yes, they do make really good, close friends, but they know what's going on and they are amazingly good at alleviating anything they see as a problem.

Example: years ago, my father worked as a propane delivery person. One day, he was at a rural residence filling a tank. The tank was up on a hill. One side of the hill was a very smooth taper. The other side was very steep, almost cliff like steep. As he was filling the tank, a goat came up to see what was going on. My dad was a very mean person. He loved bullying people. So, to his delight, he sprayed the goat in the face with propane. He thought it was funny to see the goat run away braying loudly. My dad went on filling the tank, laughing at what he just did. Then suddenly he found himself tumbling head over heals down the cliff. Upon reaching the bottom and collecting himself, he looked up the hill to see the goat looking back down the cliff at him, braying, "Hey - don't you ever do that to me again!"

My point is that goats do make great, loving friends, but not pets. Having a pet goat would be the same as having a pet human.

oh, sweet! like the book animal farm. now, I can have roommates in the city and we animals tat are people can live like people. okay, now to get a pig and a rooster. oh, yeah the neighbors will hate me in the morning. thanks

I love goats!!!!! They’re the funniest, goofiest animals I’ve ever met. This one time at a farm sanctuary in Montana, I almost peed my pants laughing at a goat there, and I’m not even kidding. They’re the undisputed comedians of the animal kingdom.
upload_2022-5-29_2-13-10.jpeg

Years ago, my brother and I went hiking in the Wichita Mountains which is very rocky. We were young and dumb and decided to do some rock climbing. We climbed a near vertical rock column with scant cracks and reliefs just enough for a hand and toe hold. After seemingly for ever, we finally made it to the top. It was a relatively small circular, flat top with nothing above it. We were very proud of ourselves thinking were the only ones to ever be on top of that rock column. But then, we were dumbfounded to look down at our feet to see goat tracks all around. We never figured out how that was possible, but there they were.

So, where does a goat go?
wherever it wants to.

Took a quick vacation to Lost Maples Texas and met this instant friend:
IMG_6444 CloseUP.JPG

IMG_6443 CloseUP.JPG

She was very friendly and agile. In order to get closer to me, she jumped up on this drum. She could walk/roll the drum all around on the ground with astonishing ease and grace.
IMG_6442 Drum.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom