• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You Can Go Your Own Way

Well, they are just an Oldies band anyway. :D

LOL...yeah- oldies, but goodies. :cool:

Especially considering popular music fell off a cliff after the 80s. One old-fart to another. ;)

Last edited:
Take a look at the hits of 1989. Not many great ones, but a few. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Though admittedly they're dominated by pop artists rather than rock artists.

Yeh it was Duran Duran I was thinking of, but fair point

Yeh it was Duran Duran I was thinking of, but fair point

New Wave? I was a big fan of Duran Duran. Morphed rock for sure, but I liked their sound. :cool:

Not surprising that here, most of the FM stations play predominantly music from the 60s, 70s and 80s. But now that I have most of my music on a flash drive, I don't even use FM radio any more. HD or not.

Funny that Sirius XM keeps sending me requests to remain on their satellite service. But at $14.95 a month, they must be kidding. Largely a collection of channels I had no interest in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LOL...yeah- oldies, but goodies. :cool:

Especially considering popular music fell off a cliff after the 80s. One old-fart to another. ;)

Yes, it does date one. In fact I was listening to Him (And Stevie, who was 23 but looks about 16 here) in '73 when he was half of Buckingham Nicks.

28091204.jpg

Yes, it does date one. In fact I was listening to Him (And Stevie, who was 23 but looks about 16 here) in '73 when he was half of Buckingham Nicks.

28091204.jpg

Kind of scary to visually see so many celebrities age. Giving us a little too much perspective at times. :eek:

It seems very few know how to write lyrics anymore.
Or at least, young ones aren’t interested in emotion.
Just getting wasted on chemicals and ticking to something repetitive created on a computer.

Chemical Brothers- Hey girl lyrics aren’t difficult to remember.
It was a massive hit.

Even Eminem tells a story.
Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang, SnoopDog.
Fiddy Pence. (50 cent)

Forgot where I was headed with this ...
got a head full of tunes and lyrics and got distracted
:)

Modern song lyrics are often very simple (if not banal) and have been since the beginning. This is one of the Bee Gees early hits.

Lonely Days

Good morning mister sunshine, you brighten up my day
Come sit beside me in your way
I see you every morning, outside the restaurants
The music plays so nonchalant
Lonely days, lonely nights.
Where would I be without my woman?
Lonely days, lonely nights
Good morning mister sunshine, you brighten up my day
Come sit beside me in your way

How should I know?

Wow that's really something. :( With Christine McVie back, I was hoping to have the chance to see them all together, if they came to Michigan. Lindsey is most of the group to me. Signature vocals and guitar playing for all these years. Tango In The Night was my favorite.

Wow that's really something. :( With Christine McVie back, I was hoping to have the chance to see them all together, if they came to Michigan. Lindsey is most of the group to me. Signature vocals and guitar playing for all these years. Tango In The Night was my favorite.

Yeah, actually it's a shame to see them do this to him at this point in time. I mean his vocals were great in so many hits like "Go Your Own Way" and "The Chain". And he's a top-notch guitar player, often underrated among his peers.

It's just weird how some of these groups last so long while others don't. But I suppose it's one of those curses of too many talented people being in the same room for too long. That eventually they indeed want to "go their own way". I suppose the Beatles wrote the book on that subject so long ago. Incredible talent moving off in four directions.

I still remember the first time I heard Stevie Nicks singing "Dreams". I was hooked. So many other groups I learned about that year as well. A side benefit of living in college dorms with friendly people.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom