• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yosemite by myself, need tips!

I believe you are supposed to suspend your food up in the air, and not keep it anywhere on the ground. Bears even know how to break into cars. They have gotten so used to humans! That is so sad. I am pretty scared of Grizzly bears, but the smaller black bears are responsible for more human killings and attacks in North America. So watch out for both. Then there are the Mountain lions too.

The park does not allow visitors to suspend food from trees in the camping area. It that were allowed, there would be substantial damage to the trees given that thousands of people camp there every year. The rules in force the last time I camped there was to keep food in a sturdy locked cooler situated away from where you sleep or to lock it inside your car. I opted not to put it in our car because I've seen the damage bears can do to a vehicle while trying to get to food.

One of my favorite spots in Yosemite is Glacier Point. You're opposite Half Dome, high above the valley, with amazing views in several directions. Last time I was there (and it's been a while) you could book a tour up to Glacier Point -- I'd highly recommend it.

New Threads

Top Bottom