• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would you sacrifice your salvation for the sake of another's?

Yes, I thought about that as well, and really it is something I can only say I hope I would do. It would be very difficult for a person to know what they actually would do in that situation.

But for me the idea of hell is unclear and despite many readings of the bible it remains so. The Old Testament is mostly dominated by the idea of Sheol and then in the New Testament Heaven and Hell in the context of an afterlife (though the idea of resurrection and an afterlife does appear in a few places in the Old). But even in the new it is described in different ways and it is hard to separate figurative from literal. So I am not sure if there is just one place/end or multiple possibilities. The fate of the big baddies is clearly very unenviable but sometimes there are pictures that suggest lesser situations or even simple annilation. Ultimately the details aren't important to know, and I feel content just focusing on the need to be on the good side of that fence.
Yes no one would know the agony of hell, it is hard when you have no concept of what it would actually be like but do not fear it.

Hypothetically, I would take the deal and trade places, if it's for someone I care about enough. #1 candidate is my grandmother. If I believed in a heaven, I wouldn't believe I belonged there either way, so better to let someone that deserves it in.
No one deserves it because Jesus paid the price.
It is a free gift from God.

New Threads

Top Bottom