• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would you date someone way older/younger than you?

I am seven years older than my wife, but that doesn't really mean anything. I am a Aspie and she is a NT. None of that stuff matters. What matters is the fact that we love each other and want to be together.

I once had a girlfriend who was seven years older than I was. Never gave it much thought, to be honest.

My 'average' age difference has generally been around 9 years younger than me, although I did date someone 25 years younger and my current partner is 16 years younger.

I've never thought much about age difference, more compatibility, really. I've gone two years either side of my own age by chance and am currently friendly with a woman ten years younger, though she comes from a different culture where that also doesn't matter.. if this friendship develops or not, it won't be about the age gap.

Last edited:
My boyfriends have usually been older than me, anything up to 23yrs older. But as I get older, I think I'd be more likely to date someone around my own age.

New Threads

Top Bottom