• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

would like someone elses opinion..

Ravkrat

Where to start, last time I was on here was right after my first year of college since then I havnt gone back(family wouldn't allow it..and its hard to fight against the ones with the car keys) so after a year(plus or minus a few months) I started working at walmart. I picked one of the best positions for me(abit of a mute..i can talk I just don't like to more oft than not) which is ims/receiving(the guys that unload the trucks), after a few months of working there my phone breaks then my fam and I decide to go get a new one.. the only thing is is that I didn't have the money for it.

I have no bills(beyond giving 100$ each pay-check to family), no car, hardly go anywhere.. so naturally my family instantly jumped on the "did you spend it all on games?" train of thought I did spend money on gaming(about 200 between two mobile games I know I know its a waste but it saved time) the only thing is is that in my familys eyes I should have had 2,000$ saved up.. I had about 40$ (-.- of course theres misc items that needed to be bought and other things I bought that in all honesty I don't care to talk about(I may have little pride left in me but ill be damned before throw it away).

So jump to the here and now, my family is convinced im addicted to gaming, has repeatedly told me that if they hear of me playing games(no matter the kind or where at) then ill be getting the boot,which id be fine with.. if I was addicted to gaming. the reason I think I'm not addicted to gaming is that every day I go to work I pass through the electronics section(one side has books then misc computer items then on the other side is the game racks) most of the time I pass through the aisle that has the books, and even when I was gaming on my phone I never stopped what I was doing(when I was clocked in) to check in on my village/acc.

I also bought some books(over four months or so) mostly lore based and three that where just to make me laugh(they were minecraft guides.. such a thing always makes me laugh lol), anyhow so after I buy and read the books me and my mother get into a argument over them and I ask her how I can show her im not addicting to games she replies " stop buying books about them" (-.-) forgive me I don't like cook books nor do I like fifty shades(mind I bought them at work so the selection was limited)

With all of that said(and yes there is a bit I'm leaving out) does this sound like addiction?

What I think is the problem.

Abit of my families history(i'll try to keep this part short :p)

Almost two months back one of my brothers apparently almost died from overdosing on pills..i say apparently because to this minute(has of typing) no one has said a bloody word of it to me.. not one, when it happened,when my mother was on the phone with him in the other room talking with him about it... okay I can get being protective of your kids(even if they are 6 foot plus and over 20 years old) completely get that, what I don't get is why no one would mention it and why they would then jump past go, collect their 200 dollars and try to run me over with a semi by swearing up and down that Im addicting to gaming.

The doctor that prescribes my meds(one for adhd, one for depression) told my mother in one visit 'sometimes its best to let them go'<-- if I hadn't already been ticked about the bother incident and the thing that happened in college I would have flipped her off then and there and refused to see her again, has it stands I find it hard to even consider my family 'family'

During thanksgiving(few months back) my family was over(two of my brothers and there families) has usual everyone sat down to play a game of.. bah I forget tis name, its the one where you try to guess what the person is acting out, anyhow I left after the meal and before the game.. afterwards my mother goes up to me and asks "why didn't you join us?" -droll stare- (its what I gave her..)

Last but not least I still plan on continuing on to join the gaming industry( though my method of joining has changed thanks to an idea I had)

isn't 'family' grand?

Oh dear, despite it being a very serious matter, your knack of telling, brought a smile to my face!

If anything, me thinks it is mum that is obsessed with the idea notion that her son is obsessed! Yes, indeed it has probably something to do with your brother's death. No doubt, she feels out of control and is frightened that you will go the same way, and I hate to say this, but is that at all a possibility that he committed suicide? Only due to the hush hush element. It would also explain why she is so fanatical about you, because to her: playing games is a way of escaping the real world and thus, isolation, which in turn, means: anything can happen.

I am so glad that I do not have to contend with parents. One is dead and the other I disown.

Lol it is ironic because I am obsessed with games at the moment. I love find the object games and interactive ones. Currently playing Jessica Fletcher, return to Cabac Cove which is brilliant.

The difference between the kind of gaming you may do, to what charades ( that is the name) is that everyone is involved and thus, stops nasty shocks from appearing.

I know it is hard for you, but try to see that your mum has lost one of her sons, and is petrified of losing you! Your mum needs a lot of reassuring that you are not going to go the same way.

:p I read a lot of books, mostly fiction and a good portion of those is older-type,so the way I type changes based on the type of books I read, if he did suicide.. gods help my family because there will be ragnarok.

the only thing is is that the games I play are the mmo variant so socializing takes a huge chunk of it, you cant progress in a market-based game if all the other traders/venders/gathers hate you.

and more recently I've noticed that my stress and anger levels have been going up(no doubt from the stupidity at work) and there is a group of co-workers that all play world of warcraft(all in the same guild mind) and from what one told me they mostly play together has a way to vent.

(-.-) now to do some snooping and check on that brother

in hind-sight I doubt he died from the od, she was on the phone with him after it happened

New Threads

Top Bottom