• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would it be unacceptable to continue to wear a face mask?

I don't like going anywhere indoors without a mask, but since a lot of people (at least in the part of the country I live in) seem to think they shouldn't have to wear one anymore, I'm worried about being harassed for wearing one. I've seen a lot of clips of that on the news.
Since I have a lot of other medical problems, I'm worried that covid would kill me, even tho I'm vaccinated. I also don't want to get anyone else sick.
The community I live in specifically is really good about taking precautions- but I only live in a small, concentrated area of a much bigger town. Some people around here, especially elderly people, are wearing masks all the time again... but the people my age and younger are totally reckless- hanging out in huge groups, partying, walking around drunk, not wearing masks at all ever, just not taking any of it seriously. So those are the people I would worry about picking on me for wearing a mask because those are the people who bully me anyway.
But yeah, really concerned about being confronted in a potentially violent way because I'm wearing a mask. I also worry about this happening to others. If I saw someone being attacked for wearing a mask I would obviously try to get them some help but I'm not sure others would do the same.

The primary point of a facemask isn't to protect you from others, but rather to protect others from you.

To restrict the passage of airborne pathogens from your mouth and nose to the air beyond. Restrict- not prevent. There is no process that is full-proof in such circumstances. But some protection is better than none at all.

Though yes, it seems using a shield alone is a poor way in which to restrict air passing from one's mouth and nose as it can indeed travel under the shield itself.

I watched question time last night on BBC TV and the perspex screens dividing guests and presenter were basically the same as face shields

As well as finding them unbearable in hot weather and finding they can potentially contribute to a meltdown if I'm feeling very anxious, I would only wear them on my neck not take them off as to make sure my hands and surfaces are always sanitised

This comment is from the Metro newspaper in the UK. Also of course some people don't sanitise their hands before touching their masks and some leave them on un sanitised surfaces
IMG_20211021_163909.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom