• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

This award usually goes to something like The Fog doesn't it?

I couldn't answer the question itself because if a movie looks that crummy I'm away in a few minutes.

For me it was "The Notebook". I know that was hugely popular, but I reacted to that movie like I was allergic to it. I know that for a lot of people the draw of a romance movie is fantasy, but especially when it comes to romantic relationships, I think fantasy sickens me, I think reality is much more useful - and I can't get a thrill, I find it all painfully cheesy, misleading, garbage. I also thought the characters were very selfish and hurt other people, so I didn't like them at all. Anyway, I didn't know anything about it, a friend brought it over and I felt too polite to ask her to turn it off. Then at the end, it turns out she wasn't enjoying it either, but was being too polite to ask if we could turn it off because she thought I might be enjoying it. In the end, I gave myself away because in at the final scene that most people found incredibly touching, I couldn't control myself anymore, I burst out laughing and laughed and laughed all the way through the credits?? Good thing I wasn't in a theater!

Rubber comes to mind. It isn't a conventionally bad movie-it's well produced and shot-but it seems it was intentionally made as a B-Movie. It's the kind of movie you watch specifically to laugh at its badness.

I don't think it's possible to have one worst, with all the stinkers Hollywood kicks out, so I've designed this handy ready reckoner. Point mean hatred, so the more point awarded the worse the stinker is.

30 - Anything where the cast is >30% American teenagers.
50 - > 50% American teenagers.
1000 - 100% American teenagers
50 - male and female leads fall in love.
50 - more than 5 minutes of romance.
1000 - cast all look like models.
10000 - cast are also stupid and can't act.
1000 - title contains words "Bridget Jones"
10,000 - category of "RomCom" or other stupid made up words.
500 - features ex wrestlers.
10million - George Lucas has been anywhere near it in the last three decades.
10,000 - kids defeat aliens.
500 - romance with monsters.

Feel free to add elements. If we get the list big enough we could create a programmatic could review and critics **** films before they are even made, saving us from feelings of nausea and horror.

Bridesmaids. Many people I know extolled this film as "the funniest thing they've ever seen" and kept telling me: "YOU'VE LOVE IT! YOU'LL ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!"

I didn't laugh once throughout the entire film.

I had seen some "so bad it's good movies, like Troll 2, The Room, and the two Birdemic movies. But to me the worst film I had ever seen is The Amazing Bulk.
It's an Incredible Hulk knockoff and it's just one of those movies where you have trouble believing if it exists or not. It is really BAD. A few years ago I first watched Obscurus Lupa's review of The Amazing Bulk on YouTube and later my brother bought the DVD and we watched the whole thing. I don't know how to explain the whole thing, but it is the WORST. You should definitely check out Obscurus Lupa's review of it on YouTube.

Gamera Super Monster and Godzilla's Revenge - both the worst of their Showa Era films, with each of them essentially been glorified clipshows of their previous films while been wrapped in a silly story with annoying/useless characters.

Here's reviews of both of them:

I had seen some "so bad it's good movies, like Troll 2, The Room, and the two Birdemic movies. But to me the worst film I had ever seen is The Amazing Bulk.
It's an Incredible Hulk knockoff and it's just one of those movies where you have trouble believing if it exists or not. It is really BAD. A few years ago I first watched Obscurus Lupa's review of The Amazing Bulk on YouTube and later my brother bought the DVD and we watched the whole thing. I don't know how to explain the whole thing, but it is the WORST. You should definitely check out Obscurus Lupa's review of it on YouTube.
I saw I Hate Everything's review of The Amazing Bulk and it looked hilariously awful!

Three words:

Fun in Balloonland.

...Or four words, I guess, depending on whether you spell the last word in the title as one word or two separate ones. :sweatsmile:

I really wouldn't mind watching the whole thing with the Rifftrax commentary tho....I've watched a couple snippets of the Rifftrax edit on Youtube and could hardly breathe for laughing so hard. :tearsofjoy:

I haven't seen many of the movies on this thread, so I can't judge how awful they are; however, I can confidently state that they are no worse than Viva Knievel!, which is the worst movie of all time.
evel1.jpg

The emoji movie. When it first came out I thought, "Oh thank goodness I don't have to see that." Then this summer at the daycare I work at, we went on a field trip to see it. The whole time I watched it I thought, "I could be doing so many other things right now instead of wasting my time here." and "This is a bad mash up of so many other better movies." Fortunately, the five year olds we took to see the movie liked it so I didn't have to deal with any kids complaining to me and wanting to leave.

Most of the very low budget The Asylum movies are absolutely atrocious. They mainly bring out extremely low budget sci-fi and/or disaster/apocalypse movies and many are their own awful version of a major blockbuster release under a slightly different name. For instance, just before the blockbuster disaster movie 2012 came out in 2009 they released 2012: Doomsday which confused a lot of people (although this was apparently their answer to the blockbuster 2008 movie Doomsday) and their answer to the more recent blockbuster movie Gerostorm is Geo-Disaster, so don't be fooled. I believe that loads of people have sat down expecting to watch what they believe to be an excellent high budget blockbuster movie only to be confused and scammed into watching a dreadful imitation of it by The Asylum (okay some may have downloaded it from "dodgy" sites).

The Asylum movies are so bad that if you watch one of their many apocalypse movies and look at the background you will very often see blatant things that definitely shouldn't be there, for instance during complete devastation you will often see a highway in the background with fully intact traffic moving along normally, on one I even saw a normal worker in a yellow jacket casually going about his business in the background when the few surviving main characters were apparently running for their lives to avoid being wiped out by an apocalypse level ice storm that had already wiped out most of the planet. There's far too many mistakes to mention and the filmmakers surely must realise, yet they obviously either don't care or they're running on such a low budget that they can't afford any retakes. The movies also come with awful acting, dire scripts, masses of plot holes and very poor CGI effects. In fact many of their apocalypse movies are virtually same script, E.g. there's government officials / military that make all the wrong decisions and are later about to make matters much worse with a plan to stop the disaster, while there's nearly always a family (often with an estranged teenager) along with some off beat professor or doctor that knows exactly what's going on and that the official plan to stop the disaster will be catastrophic (no-one will listen), but against all the odds they always manage to save the planet with some ridiculous and totally unbelievable plan just in time before the officials finally finish the planet off, after nearly being wiped out themselves throughout their journey on multiple occasions of course by abysmal CGI effects (that's supposed to be the most exciting part).

Okay so far I've only named a movie company and not the worst movie I've ever seen, to name just one is very difficult as there are so many awful The Asylum movies, but if I had to choose one I will choose:

War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave

It probably isn't the very worst The Asylum movie they ever made, but it was the most bitter disappointment after watching the blockbuster movie War of the Worlds from 2005 staring Tom Cruise that I watched in the cinema. I didn't know this apparent sequel was an abysmal The Asylum effort and not a true sequel to the first movie (well apparently they made a first movie too) and it was obviously absolutely dire with the usual terrible acting, script and very poor CGI effects bundled with masses of plot holes + mistakes. I suspect most people only watched it because they thought it was a real sequel, but The Asylum get many of their viewers by scamming people into believing they going to watch a blockbuster movie instead. That said The Asylum are so bad at making movies that they've now got a cult following and they were also fairly successful with Sharknado and it's various sequels (I hate it).

Here's a review:

It also shows some examples of the many flaws and plot holes that found that are always found in The Asylum movies.

Last edited:
Good point about "cult films". I mean, they seem to blur the line between a truly bad film and a popular one.

Reminds me of some of the feedback on recent television shows. Where critics have panned them and viewers applaud them. o_O

Good point about "cult films". I mean, they seem to blur the line between a truly bad film and a popular one.

Reminds me of some of the feedback on recent television shows. Where critics have panned them and viewers applaud them. o_O

Agreed. Some cult movies are really good while others just suck big time.
It's one reason why I love watching Brandon Tenold on YouTube - just to see what he thinks of many cult movies from various decades and from around the world.
Here's a few from his page for you to see (just so you know, there will be spoilers, bad language, funny/terrible acting, jumpscares, censored nudity and possibly gore depending on the movie):

Miami Connection

War God

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight

The Dark

Transformers The Movie (1986)

I had no idea that Knight Rider and The A-Team would be classified as "recent". :D

New Threads

Top Bottom