• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Windows 10 Spring Update

wight

Just sharing, for awareness.

My computer did the Windows 10 spring update. It changes a lot of things including resetting all the privacy and app access settings. A heads up to check your security, sync, access, and app settings because they may have changed from their previous settings.

E.g. I had "allow apps to access camera" turned off. When the update finished, it was turned on.

We now have pictures of your expressionless face to sell to the highest bidder.

MWAHAHAH

Ok. We didn't get any bids. Plan B.

People will be able to write humorous text above and below your face forever.

MWAHAHAH

My computer did the Windows 10 spring update. It changes a lot of things including resetting all the privacy and app access settings. A heads up to check your security, sync, access, and app settings because they may have changed from their previous settings.

E.g. I had "allow apps to access camera" turned off. When the update finished, it was turned on.

But also thx for posting this

Very relevant.

I check everything Wight, disable cortana and even uninstall the xbox connection. Then I go over the entire installation with iobit uninstaller and remove what I can. Then I go in and remove the other apps that I don't want. It really is quite porous win 10, and maddening. It's becoming harder and harder removing apps. I've done this several times. Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping for customization soon.

How to uninstall (and restore) Windows 10's built-in apps

Last edited:
Another thing too is if you use a Mic for Games or what-have-you, that'll be disabled as well

Though I think that was for the last Update?... [intense thinking to try and 'member]

If you never use your camera/plan to, you should turn it off in your BIOS. That way Windows can't access it, even if it did have permission :)

Windows users need to be cautious as windows is quite the vulnerable operating system. My advice would be A. Getting a MAC os or B. Going to Linux. Mac users can still be hacked and infected with “evil files” but not as often as windows. Linux, well...for Linux if you were to get infected you can just go back to an old screenshot(if your using a VM)

Last edited:
Windows users need to be cautious as windows is quite the vulnerable operating system. My advice would be A. Getting a MAC os or B. Going to Linux. Mac users can still be hacked and infected with “evil backdoors” but not as often as windows. Linux, well...for Linux if you were to get infected you can just go back to an old screenshot(if your using a VM)
In my honest opinion, the best thing to do would be to learn how to properly use computers, and distinguish between what might be malicious, and what you can use. If you don't download crapware from softonic or cnet, but the official reputable sources, you should definitely be fine. But a lot of people have trouble with spotting the difference.

I personally do prefer Linux over Windows, it's a lot better in so many ways. But games don't really work on it, so I tend to just use Windows with a feeling of shame.

But well, if you have to avoid Windows because you don't have enough time to learn how to properly use computers, there's option C which should be A: If you mainly use the internet, get a Chromebook or use something like Neverware Cloudready (which is ChromeOS for non-Chromebooks). Those things are probably the safest.

um, Bios-what-now? … not quite that bad, but I wouldn't know how to do that.
Well, it differs per computer (motherboard). If you really care about it, you could ask someone you know to help you. I can't really sum up every possible way to disable it in 1 single forum post :p It might even not be possible, if your laptop manufacturer hasn't implemented something like that.

You could also just put a piece of tape over it, but aesthetic though.

I ran the Windows 10 update a week ago and it trashed my system. Update got stuck (after 2 1/2 hours) and rollback to previous version was trashed too. Had to start with a fresh installation; at least the guys in the computer shop salvaged most of the files on my hard disk.

If you haven't run this update yet, I highly recommend that you wait for a while. Hopefully Microsoft will get it fixed.

I'm pretty frustrated with Windows 10 myself. I can't get the updates to install at all, nor can I prevent my system from automatically trying again and again to re-install them. I'm hoping to switch back to 8.1 this week, which you can't even do on new CPU's. Luckily I'm cheap so mine is old...

New Threads

Top Bottom