• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Will you use Google+ when it goes live?

. . .

V.I.P Member
Google%2B_logo.png

I've been wanting to use Google+, Google's new social networking site, since hearing about it. I should be receiving an invitation to it soon which I'm looking forward to even though I doubt anyone I know will be on it.

How about you? Do you want to use it when it goes live? Perhaps you've already been invited?

According to some it's superior to Facebook, so some of you Facebook addicts may want to check it out to see which you prefer. I'm not sure if Google+ will kill Facebook like Facebook killed MySpace. But you never know . . .

Here's a screen-shot taken from the Google+ Wikipedia article:

Google-Plus-Stream2.png

Funny how some already say it's superior, from the screenshot given the interface looks very similar to Facebook's. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try something new, but the last thing I need is another social networking site to keep up with.

Possibly.

If I get an invite I'll join out of curiosity (I think that's what google always does at first), but since I'm not a Facebook fan...I'm not sure what I think of it. I suppose it depends who is on. I don't want it just to have another link to a bunch of people I don't talk to (or want to talk to), nor do I want a bunch of ridiculous spamm-y/childish features. I like a lot of features of Facebook, so I may like it if the right people get on the bandwagon, but we'll see.

I will be trying it out soon. I heard that Mark Zuckerberg, the owner of facebook, has the most friends on google+. He has more than the google founders. lol.

If my friends mover over to it from Facebook then I will probably try it out.

I have not decided on it. I read a text on The Register about Google profiles.

On FaceBook one can set them very private I guess but on Google plus one profile is always shown if I get the text
Google: Go public on Profiles or we'll delete you ? The Register

I am new here so not sure if linking to texts in online mags are allowed? My severe ADHD makes it difficult for me to remember such things. Too much input and almost all of it get deleted instantly from my conscious recall.

I received an invitation this morning, but I don't like social networks, so I'm not registered yet. If someone says it's worth it trying it out, maybe I will. I have a GMail account, and it seems it will be used in Google+. I don't want my Gmail address to be public though.

View attachment 887Here's the screenshot of the invitation.

Like Ian? :p

I haven't even gotten fully started with it yet. :lol2:
I don't know even know how the Google thingy works yet or have been busy to getting round to it although I did sign up for it though.

People still prefer using Facebook but its only just started but yea, everything with Google tends to take over everything.

I have not decided on it. I read a text on The Register about Google profiles.

On FaceBook one can set them very private I guess but on Google plus one profile is always shown if I get the text
Google: Go public on Profiles or we'll delete you ? The Register

I am new here so not sure if linking to texts in online mags are allowed? My severe ADHD makes it difficult for me to remember such things. Too much input and almost all of it get deleted instantly from my conscious recall.

Wow, no privacy on Google+. I think I might pass on this network and wait a couple of years. I mean, I didn't jump on Facebook when it first became available for everyone to use. I joined like four years later. (in 2009 or something like that).

So sure, I might say no now but I'll join it one day.

Nothing on Google tbh is private if you think about it, it's one of those things I'm fully aware of. It would be really nice if Google could respect that, even this page could be crawled into Google, who knows?

Pedro maybe one can have like the Celebs. You have one FaceBook username for Fans and then you have a secret one for close friends and that one make use of a name that only the friends know about.

Crazy example. Fans know that Bob Dylan in reality has anoter name and some make use of it but most people only see him as Bob Dylan.
I trust many many Celebs have such set up that them have on official account and then a less obvious very private one.

One should be able to do that on Google too. Or would them force one to reveal both?

KPG, I know what you mean. Although I consider myself quite transparent, I'm not the kind who calls everybody to tell what I'm doing. So, no sense in doing that in the Web. Besides, there's always people and acquaintances who will nose around.

I have gmail and most likely an account on Blogger too which I seldom visit. Would that not sooner or later give me an invitation from them.
I guess I have to decide on how to respond. It could be a way to find more people that are "obsessed" with my version of Amida.
Now I am kind of totally alone so if G+ get a huge base of users then greater chance I find somebody else.

Same as with FaceBook but them so obviously sharing all info with the advertisers I have still not joined them.

well... I joined it..not sure what to do about it though :) it's sort of like a mix of Facebook and Twitter... I'm a member of both of them... and a bunch of others but because of my issues with multitasking I can barely manage one account... saying all that...I do like design of Google + more than Facebook

New Threads

Top Bottom