• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Will microchip control brain waves

I did, however it isn't hard to post a video to a specific time or to say skip the first X minutes, one could even say that it is lazy or rude not to do so.

In order to say "watch this part and skip that other part" you have to assume everyone agrees which part is interesting and which is boring, which might not always be the case.

If you, personally, are looking for something specific, you can always ask her. But there is no reason to berate her for it.

@Polchinski if you think 16 minutes of "steampunk elevator music" is interesting even though nothing in the sound of it brings to mind steam technology - multi expansion steam engines, turbines and boilers - rhythmic chuffing sounds for the multi expansion engines and a steady hum for turbines and things like nuclear reactors and geothermal plants.
Nor does it sound like anything Victorian era at all.
Anyway don't be shocked when someone states "this is this" and it isn't what they stated right away that people are not happy,
I do believe they call that "false advertising" or something like that.

@Polchinski if you think 16 minutes of "steampunk elevator music" is interesting even though nothing in the sound of it brings to mind steam technology - multi expansion steam engines, turbines and boilers - rhythmic chuffing sounds for the multi expansion engines and a steady hum for turbines and things like nuclear reactors and geothermal plants.
Nor does it sound like anything Victorian era at all.
Anyway don't be shocked when someone states "this is this" and it isn't what they stated right away that people are not happy,
I do believe they call that "false advertising" or something like that.

It is common for things like that to be at the very beginning and very end. Skipping it is very easy to whoever wants to skip it: all you have to do is a little trial and error that takes only half a minute. I know you are going to accuse her of not spending that half a minute herself, but since anyone else can spend it just as easily I really don't see it as a big deal.

Also look at how you phrased your original post. It doesn't even read as if you had issues with beginning or ending. It reads as if you just dissed the whole video. And this is really not fair towards her.

That’s an interesting idea you have there, but I don’t think you’d have to worry too much about thought-altering microchips for a long time from now.

The brain is so immensely complex, we barely have any idea of how it works and what the brain waves actually mean and what each part of the brain does. We’re still just scratching the very surface of that.

Even if we could build microchips that through whatever process can stimulate or inhibit any neuron of the brain, we still couldn’t control anyone’s thoughts at this point because we just have no clue about how these processes even look like on such a small level.

It’s probably possible to cause sensory hallucinations, especially visual ones, and maybe even changes in personality, but this would require inserting numerous electrodes in specific places instead of one chip in the hand.

And also, I personally don’t think that would be an issue with God, since this “thoughts” aren’t your own and God knows that, so why would God punish you for being manipulated from the outside like that?

That’s an interesting idea you have there, but I don’t think you’d have to worry too much about thought-altering microchips for a long time from now.

So maybe the endtimes aren't as near as people think. And by the time antichrist does arrive, they would have means of doing this.

And also, I personally don’t think that would be an issue with God, since this “thoughts” aren’t your own and God knows that, so why would God punish you for being manipulated from the outside like that?

But the thing is that people had a choice whether to accept the microchip on the first place. Once they accepted it, their further thoughts are controlled. But their decision to accept it was their own.

Now, most people would accept it because they are threatened with starvation or death if they refuse. But it was still their choice, and that choice indicated that staying alive is more important to them than being right with God.

I just had an idea that this discussion isn’t so much about what the mark of the beast will look like, hence the story keeps it very ambiguous what it is.

Instead this story is more about the morals that God has, it seems. What moral values does God have and in extension, how should we live our lives?

If God demands total obedience and worship from us humans, then yes, wehe would be denied entrance to heaven for taking the mark.

However, if God is kind, compassionate and understanding, as we ought to be, I don’t think God would demand a person to give up their life for God. So in that case, people with the mark could still go to heaven.

I just had an idea that this discussion isn’t so much about what the mark of the beast will look like, hence the story keeps it very ambiguous what it is.

Actually, this discussion IS about what the mark of the beast will look like. Because the other topic -- namely the way God judges the act of taking the mark -- has been discussed a lot; but what the mark will look like have not.

I guess they did talk about the way the mark will look like: the idea of a microchip isn't mine. But they had glaring omission. They said that the purpose of the microchip is to track the location, and that it is sinful to take it because God said so. But they never answered why would having your location tracked be sinful? I answered this question: it will be sinful because microchip will control your brain waves and make you think thoughts that are incompatible with Chrsitianity.

Now, I also have some gaps too: namely I haven't specified exactly how it would control brain waves. But that is because, as you said, such technology hasn't been invented yet, so its impossible to describe something that wasn't invented. But at least I was one step ahead of others: at least I said that it has to do with controlling the brain waves, while others haven't even said that.

Instead this story is more about the morals that God has, it seems. What moral values does God have and in extension, how should we live our lives?

If God demands total obedience and worship from us humans, then yes, wehe would be denied entrance to heaven for taking the mark.

However, if God is kind, compassionate and understanding, as we ought to be, I don’t think God would demand a person to give up their life for God. So in that case, people with the mark could still go to heaven.

Most Christians believe that God can forgive most sins, exctept for the select few. One sin that God can't forgive is blaspheny against the holy spirit. Another one is taking the mark. Hence the question: what makes those sins so special that those are the only ones God can't forgive? Thats because both of them make it impossible for you to repent. In case of blasphemy against the holy spirit you won't be able to repent since you will no longer have spirit's guidance that is required to do that. In case of taking the mark of the beast you won't be able to repent because microchip will control your brain waves. As far as the explanation about blasphemy against the holy spirit, thats not mine: its something I heard multiple other Christians saying. But as far as the explanation about microchip controlling brain waves, that explanation IS mine, and it is the point of this thread.

New Threads

Top Bottom