• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wife of man seeking autism diagnosis

Mrs mac

Hi..
My husband of 15years is seeking diagnosis. He is 51 years old and says he has always known that "something wasn't quite right"
He never did anything about it until I told him he should.
I love the very bones of this man but life has been very challenging.
I recently started researching autism and some of the symptoms made his behaviour make sense..I hope this is allowed on this site.. I would love to talk to other people as I do not have a family to turn to..thank you for accepting my application

Hi Mrs Mac, and welcome to the forums.

We're all very different people here with so many different irks and quirks to our nature, read through some people's stories and I'm sure more and more about your husband will start to make sense to you.

I'm sure all of us here will give you plenty of encouragement, that's sort of the whole point of these forums.

welcome to af.png

There's people from all over the world in this forum, I'm in Australia. And please keep reading all the threads, the more we learn about each other the more we learn about ourselves.

There is a British autism forum but as far as I can tell all they ever talk about in there is problems with the NHS. Still, that's likely to be valuable information to you and worth you having a look at:

Hi.. I am in England..is that going to be a problem? I hope not because I have enjoyed reading some of the threads..x
No problem. It is still an online resource. Plenty of folks here are in the UK, but I am unfamiliar with their support organizations.

I did find this one,...

HI and Welcome @Mrs mac

Do hang around the Fora and read some of the older threads. THey might help you understand more, and give you interesting perspectives.

Cheers from The Colonies (Canada). I'm an Aspie husband who has a very patient NT wife. Married for twenty-two years and counting. One kid, twenty-one now. ;)

Hello and welcome! I'm also interested in learning to navigate neurodiverse relationships. For me that's primarily friendships, as I have no experience with romantic relationships, so there is a definite limit to how much of your situation I will be able to understand readily, but I am here to listen and learn and give advice when possible. (I'm in the US, btw.)

I fell in love with a guy on the spectrum. It's hard. I hope you find this forum helpful. :)

Hi Mrs. Mac. Stick around, ask, read. Hopefully you will learn and find peace. We like relationship mysteries.

I don’t mean to make light of your situation… Just saying, there are many interesting opinions here that you could take in to help figure this out.

He never did anything about it until I told him he should.
What did you tell him he should do?
What was done?

thank you for accepting my application
Can someone please tell me if this is a joke or not?

Welcome!

In regards to doing things... a common (but not necessarily universal) challenge for those on the spectrum is implied messages. Many benefit from and appreciate a direct communication style to avoid misunderstandings. For example, if you'd like a room vacuumed, ask for it - for if you ask for the vacuum cleaner to be brought there, there's a good chance that is exactly what you'll get.

Thank you so much for all of your replies.. I will try and answer all of you who have asked direct questions. I normally go to bed st 9pm because I get up early in the morning as does my husband, so apologies for not coming back to you last night..x

There's people from all over the world in this forum, I'm in Australia. And please keep reading all the threads, the more we learn about each other the more we learn about ourselves.

There is a British autism forum but as far as I can tell all they ever talk about in there is problems with the NHS. Still, that's likely to be valuable information to you and worth you having a look at:
Thank you. I will have a look today..x

No problem. It is still an online resource. Plenty of folks here are in the UK, but I am unfamiliar with their support organizations.

I did find this one,...
Thank you very much.. I will look there too..x

New Threads

Top Bottom