• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wife of Aspie Needs Advice

It tears at my heart, to see another family go thru this. Yes you could have conversation, with you and kid's, and a necessity if he is going to stay in their life, in some form. You mentioned that if it was up to you, you'd be filing for divorce If you feel that strongly about it, dont make a decision based around fear. Its no way to live a life and it sounds like youve given up enough already. As you can see from the multitude of posts, everyone here has good advice to share, to help you through this

Last edited:
Thanks. I guess I just have gotten used to it. I don't see how much pain I am in until you all reflect it back to me. Wow...... gives me lots to consider.

Don't worry too much Riding the waves, We all are here and will help you as much as we can. :smoke:

Last edited:
I am very sorry this is happening to all you guys, your family. I know myself well enough to know I am hard to live with and very controlling of my environment so I live as the only adult in my home. I do have a boyfriend but I have to live alone. I am lucky and very thankful to have an NT like him that understands this.

I cant say I can help you, I dont have experience with divorce or being married. So I can only offer my condolences for your family and I hope everything works out for everyone. It is intensely sad to see families separate.
I have heard of couples divorcing after the kids are all moved out. Maybe that can be something that may be a "thing" later for you. I wish you the best.

Wow! Turk, I wish my husband could have lunch with you!!
I too have a medical condition - a pretty severe eating disorder, which my husband has definitely contributed to. He just read the symptoms of AS this morning before our marital session and was shocked that every symptom matched him. So I think progress is being made in this diagnosis and acceptance. Not sure what the future holds. But I will lean on you all heavily. Thank you so very much for your support. It means the world and makes me feel like I am not crazy or alone.

I too have an eating disorder, and fully believe that my husbands condition is a huge trigger for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom