• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm reminded of the term "nimblosity". The act of being flexible and open to trying new ideas and processes. The ability to go with the flow. Being agile and nimble, much like the character "Gumby".

However this doesn't change my reality that all that necessary rebounding and "nimblosity" remains inherently difficult no matter how we may rationalize how dynamic life and interacting with others remains on a daily basis. That for some of us, while we may consciously attempt to adjust to so many of life's changes, it doesn't change the reality that we experience a "form of whiplash" in the process.

Leaving some of us with an "allergy" of sorts to change itself. No matter how adaptive, agile or nimble we are, or attempt to be.

Urban Dictionary: Nimblosity
As I read this response I was thinking to myself one of the things I TRY to do. Take this visit - I had made a zen garden under glass using a magnet underneath to move the magnet inside to make designs in the sand. It being under glass would make it non messy. I thought it'd be fun for the kids. So they see it and are messing with it and I'm stressing out because I know the bottom is going to fall out and sand go everywhere. lol I get these things to entertain them and it ends up just being one more thing for me to stress over. So, you're right - nimblosity and autism don't really mix that well. :) So, yes, my new ideas cause me whiplash. lol

New Threads

Top Bottom