• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why people with Autism aren't allowed to make mistakes (opinion)

I don't see this as an NT/ND issue.

In my opinion, this is actually a majority/minority issue. Anytime someone of a minority (be it neurotype, race, gender, background, age or any other identifiable trait) and they do something "different" - that different will be default be attributed to that minority status.
I think the second part is true and you're right to point that out. But just because this dynamic is not unique to autistic people, doesn't mean this dynamic doesn't have some unique characteristics when it comes to autistic people. For starters, those identities don't have anything to do with making "mistakes" in and of themselves. Autistic thinking is inherently related to the "mistakes" in question.

Furthermore, if people don't know you are autistic, but just believe something is "off" about you, they're not likely to give you the benefit of the doubt because there is no social pressure to do so. Whereas with those other identities, there is social pressure to treat them fair.

Holocaust doesn't have anything to do with nt Vs autism

It does, because Autistic people were some of the victims of the Holocaust, for that reason. But, this was not my point. If we're going to group people as NT vs Autistic and say the latter make more mistakes, then we have to look at the collective mistakes of the former. I'm just pointing this out in the context of the discussion. I'm not saying all NTs are the same or all Autistic people are the same. I don't think all NTs are for the Holocaust. I just don't like seeing Autistic people buying into this view of our inferiority.

Calling every bad thing that happened in history to being an NT mistake is ridiculous and fallacious. And not
everyone that isn't autistic is automatically neurotypical.
Anyway i think that in daily life the average autistic makes more mistakes than someone who isn't.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom