• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why is Thomas the Tank Engine so popular with Autistic Children?

I found the expressions on an inanimate object somehow fun.
Plus the emotions the trains express, (Thomas in particular).
He could go from happy and proud to angry and annoyed quickly.
The two matched together so well, along with the colours which were attractive,
it just all came together as fun, different and easy to understand stories.

My little fellow has his phases with Thomas, like his other interests. For awhile he wanted to watch Misty Island Rescue followed by Day of the Diesels back to back. Then he loved the songs/music videos after the credits, then he loved the sing-along where the cloud bounced on the words...he loves words.

He loves to watch YouTube videos that people have made using Thomas the Train, especially the ones where people line up all of the trains and name each one or describe the differences or variances from train to train.

He also had a phase where he would cry at Flynn the Fire Engine, no idea why.
How is this possible? everything you mentioned, those episodes my son was playing them over and over when he was 3-4. he sand the song on repeat as well. The similarity is stunning.

New Threads

Top Bottom