• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why do this

Aspergers_Aspie

This isn't the only person to do this sometimes a person does it and it makes no sense to me.
I was putting rubbish and recycling waste into steel bins on my street, and the bins are on the right hand side of the pavement I was about to walk along. As I had finished putting the waste and rubbish in the bins and I was already on the right hand side of the pavement I just stayed on the right hand-side, a man approaching me was on the other side and didn't stay on that side. There was no reason for him to move on my side and it made no sense. The whole pavement had no other pedestrians and no pedestrian was approaching that side of the pavement.

People are sometimes weird & they do behave strangely.

For some, another person is a sort of magnet. Barring the possibility that the person was a creep, they were likely just exhibiting what I call, “target-itis.”

Take garbage out during the daylight hours maybe?

The might have changed sides of the street for a reason that has nothing to do with you. He may have simply been approaching his destination that, coincidentally, was on the right side. Or maybe he had a pocket full of rubbish and saw the opportunity to rid himself of it. Or maybe he was aware that there was a nasty, mean, dog who lives a few doors down and he wanted to avoid it. Or maybe he had gotten bored on the left and decided to check the view from the right.

Probably either it was a coincidence or he's a tweaker. Either way, he wasn't threatening. Just a dude walking down the street.

I have a homeless camp across the street from my back yard. They used to scare me, but it's been so long that now I just think of them as neighbors. I wouldn't want to go inside their trailer or anything, and I would LOVE it if they moved elsewhere, but I know they're harmless... Total tweakers with big piles of bicycles and rubbish, but harmless, and we sort of coexist.

This is what I wish I could do.

EjlrKhC.gif

;)

New Threads

Top Bottom