• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why do female gamers like (life) simulation games so much?

Hmmm... My wife and son both love playing Animal Crossing.

I suspect that women are statistically more likely to be interested in relatiopnships while guys are more likely to be interested in competition and violence. No individual has to act or feel in any particular way but if you look at the numbers, that is what you'll find. You can argue all day long if its nature or nurture that leads to this but I suspect it is a bit of both.

Girls and women are naturally more maternal. They enjoy making little neighborhoods and cities and watching them grow. It's fascinating.

A very well researched psychological fact is that if you put a doll and an action figure in front of a baby girl who hasn't yet been taught cultural gender roles, regardless of family background, the girl will almost always choose the doll. Do the same with a baby boy, and he'll almost always choose the action figure.

Girls and women are naturally more maternal. They enjoy making little neighborhoods and cities and watching them grow. It's fascinating.

A very well researched psychological fact is that if you put a doll and an action figure in front of a baby girl who hasn't yet been taught cultural gender roles, regardless of family background, the girl will almost always choose the doll. Do the same with a baby boy, and he'll almost always choose the action figure.
Dolls?
Action figures?
Then there are those weirdos
full
who collect action dolls...!
full
full

full
(To be honest, simulated women in my hands tend to skew more toward Catwoman, Black Widow, Tomb Raider, Danger Girl, et al.)
Charlie's Angels (silhouette)
full

Lara Croft: I Enjoy Being A Girl
Just for fun,...

Last edited:
Maybe it's being in control of the entire household. Building and designing a dream home, a dream partner and kids. Setting out exactly what everyone does, learns and succeeds at etc.

I suppose that has a comforting quality to it. I know from personal experience that there is always room for improvement in any relationship - but how often are people willing to work hard to change?

The Sims allows you to simple take control at the click of a button.

How I play the game is very different to people I've dated. They like to focus on an alternate life and creating their own narrative within their imagination. For me - I treat it like a game. I build a house that serves function only. I power level each character's skills at a ridiculous pace and then set about mastering their chosen career. Within a weekend I'll be done, and won't want to play Sims again for another year or so.

I'm also just as antisocial in the Sims as I am in real life. No house parties - never answering the door when neighbours visit etc. If I am required to know people in order to succeed in a career or some such - I go at it from a calculated perspective, to save time and reap the rewards as soon as possible.

Ed

I care more about my Sims than I do about 97% of real humans in this stupid world. I will gladly spend my hard earned Bells to buy furniture or clothes to my animal neighbors or go to great lengths to catch them that bug or fish they want so badly, but nearly all real humans are not worth my time.

I prefer violence in games cuz I think it looks cool and A E T H E S T I C

Men can play whatever games they want, but women are never taken seriously unless they play edgy, dark first person shooters. And even if they do, they still don't get taken seriously and it's sexist and stupid. I'm both a veteran and a female gamer, but guys still treat us like scum and I'm sick of it.:mad:

I've been waiting for the past two decades for people to act like it's 21st century but they act more like it's the middle ages every day.

I can say that I enjoy Animal Crossing because I love collecting things. As for The Sims, I pretty much “have no life,” so I live vicariously through my Sims. When I play Sims, I usually focus on gaining skills and career levels, collections, and just going about the activities of daily life, I rarely have my Sims even interact at all outside of the family I’m playing and often play single-Sim households. However, I have no particular aversion to violence and also happily play games like Bioshock and Dead Space.

New Threads

Top Bottom