• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why autism is different from narcissism

I read we share something with sociopaths, the lack of automatic social emotion or interaction scanning, so we practically do it by putting our active brain to work around it. And childhood trauma potentially.

To little to have in common though.

Last edited:
I don't seem to be.
I don't chase every modicum of "bliss" when I see it.
I am amused that simple chemical reactions in the brain are so important to some ppl.

I've never felt the need to try illicit drugs, for example.
I prefer emotional stability to the rollercoaster trip involving chemical substances, be they man-made or natural.

Yes, I know I am rather odd. :cool:
My special interests are the rewards I seek for the pleasure they bring. There is too much pain in the world to not engorge into pleasure every chance I get. But pleasure to me does not harm another.

Psychologists have heated debates about true altruism as actually existing, it is said to be a myth in pure form. We're so human / animalistic.

Like I say we have evolved to be more beastly than beast, in many ways. and so there is an endless quest to become more like an animal, innocent and lacking judgement.

I don't seem to be.
I don't chase every modicum of "bliss" when I see it.
I am amused that simple chemical reactions in the brain are so important to some ppl.

I've never felt the need to try illicit drugs, for example.
I prefer emotional stability to the rollercoaster trip involving chemical substances, be they man-made or natural.

Yes, I know I am rather odd. :cool:
What I did when I got an interest in experiencing drugs after studying them for a while was research and ask what happened to others so that I can get an idea. Turned out to be a safe, lifesaving and fun experience.

I consider myself lucky to not be influenced to do those things, smoke, drink by even seeing my friends do it.

However craving food is another story. :joycat:Damnation and blasts, carbs and sugar, spice and poison making my cravings go up. Non illicit drugs, you get the munchies like you've been eating pot.

I don't want to scare anybody but if I pull up my list of autistic people I dated and the data collected from autistic people talking about autistic people as I have also experienced on websites, it points to if we're bad we're the worst, unfortunately.

To quote a respected fellow "autistic people are the worst people I've met."

Many ppls dreams were squashed since when we joined the autism community. Rip.

The facts about relationships is that a lot of autistic people don't like physicality and affection. I'm the complete opposite, even though autistic however in real life and not, physicality can be really hard to me depending, areas of life, timing, modus, etc. It's draining. Autism be to blame.

Then most people be like 'you have a scheme on how hugs have to happen?' yep. Unfortunately I'm very stuck in my schemes.

I have read people suggest autistic people to date managers. I was like, the hell is happening. Not on my watch you're dating each other. I'm manager type based on testings so I know. Many autistics will not handle the amount of affection needed to maintain a rship with a manager which will cause all of the worst issues and destroy the relationship. Managers have the highest empathy in a business, depending on a personality, they might be asking for trouble by dating such a person. Big mistake, time lost.

Last edited:
I don't want to scare anybody but if I pull up my list of autistic people I dated and the data collected from autistic people talking about autistic people as I have also experienced on websites, it points to if we're bad we're the worst, unfortunately.

To quote a respected fellow "autistic people are the worst people I've met."

Many ppls dreams were squashed since when we joined the autism community. Rip.

The facts about relationships is that a lot of autistic people don't like physicality and affection. I'm the complete opposite, even though autistic however in real life and not, physicality can be really hard to me depending, areas of life, timing, modus, etc. It's draining. Autism be to blame.

Then most people be like 'you have a scheme on how hugs have to happen?' yep. Unfortunately I'm very stuck in my schemes.

I have read people suggest autistic people to date managers. I was like, the hell is happening. Not on my watch you're dating each other. I'm manager type based on testings so I know. Many autistics will not handle the amount of affection needed to maintain a rship with a manager which will cause all of the worst issues and destroy the relationship. Managers have the highest empathy in a business, depending on a personality, they might be asking for trouble by dating such a person. Big mistake, time lost.
I would would add or clarify well at-least In my regard I have minimal to no emotional reciprocity/affirming with my partners. I have had to condition myself to tell them I love them...because if Im with you I see no point in constantly clarifying the obvious like beauty, public display of affection and saying I love you all the time. I do understand they need that.

The managers an empathy bit you spoke about I would clarify that as well and say they have the highest cognitive empathy in the business. Emotional empathy can be faked to a degree and conditioned based off probable outcomes and patterns. Emotions get in the way of business and to making concrete decisions that affects peoples livelihoods. You are the master at emotional minesweeper but understand sometimes the bomb needs erupted to get the person under-control or alleviate tension. I was in management for 3-4 years and I liked it but I had to start objectifying people as tools instead of humans to get what needed done for the companies bottom line and to protect myself. I was able to do this with a smooth transition and was able to alleviate any animosity with telling them the why/how. Those few years really increased my introspection, confidence and people skills.

I would would add or clarify well at-least In my regard I have minimal to no emotional reciprocity/affirming with my partners. I have had to condition myself to tell them I love them...because if Im with you I see no point in constantly clarifying the obvious like beauty, public display of affection and saying I love you all the time. I do understand they need that.

The managers an empathy bit you spoke about I would clarify that as well and say they have the highest cognitive empathy in the business. Emotional empathy can be faked to a degree and conditioned based off probable outcomes and patterns. Emotions get in the way of business and to making concrete decisions that affects peoples livelihoods. You are the master at emotional minesweeper but understand sometimes the bomb needs erupted to get the person under-control or alleviate tension. I was in management for 3-4 years and I liked it but I had to start objectifying people as tools instead of humans to get what needed done for the companies bottom line and to protect myself. I was able to do this with a smooth transition and was able to alleviate any animosity with telling them the why/how. Those few years really increased my introspection, confidence and people skills.
To me it comes instinctive, like a cat grooming itself for example, the reciprocity of shared emotions and affection, comes with the need and the decrease of the meter, or as I'm hyperfocusing on the person\moments. Dopamine high gets me into such a mood, the brain is full of emotions, hormones, and whatever else that brings about thoughts, desires, necessities and a high irritation if I'm interrupted from the mindset.

However physicality can also drain my meter which is tricky to work around even for me.

Until my meter is leveled enough I won't even be able to partake in most activities because they are draining and stressful.

I would say none of the people who were trying instead of naturally doing, were satisfactory enough in terms of meter fulfillment, really severe on that scale and because it wasn't natural they started to hate it, as it would be hard work for autistic people as it is wearing a mask. My dissatisfaction with the lack of having the real thing, the reciprocation I desired, didn't help, it's not very useful to me that someone is working for me so to say instead of experiencing what I experience, with me. I have finally found a match, on the spectrum, though most people are more different than me. And very emotionally edgy, autism makes emotions deeper.

People seem to have an issue with feeling connected to forums, I have none but I do experience it in romantic relationships. I wasn't aware of what it was for the longest time, but it must be the same thing they experienced, in a different area of my life.

Last edited:
Excellent video.

She talks about empathy deficits in both those who are autistic and narcissistic.
Autistic ppl engage in "straightforwardness".
Those on the spectrum tend not to embrace "Novelty seeking", whereas narcissists do.
Narcissists are into reward-seeking.
Autistic ppl are open to new intellectual experiences but not that much to emotional experiences.

Apparently, I seem to be a very typical/traditional autistic person.
But I already knew that. ;)
My traditional autistic <3

I'm not interested in novelty either, boring lets me recover and relax like a true autistic person. Im the last to get bored or angry, typically.

People don't settle down they seem to have energy tied to their hind sides, it's so stressful they never lay down and relax. Perhaps a benefit in a world where energy helps you do everything. But to me they're energy vampires and I can't keep up.

My traditional autistic <3

I'm not interested in novelty either, boring lets me recover and relax like a true autistic person. Im the last to get bored or angry, typically.

People don't settle down they seem to have energy tied to their hind sides, it's so stressful they never lay down and relax. Perhaps a benefit in a world where energy helps you do everything. But to me they're energy vampires and I can't keep up.
"Traditionally", autistics are known for desiring consistency rather than novelty. (Executive dysfunction has something to do with that).
I am one of "those". ;)

I never get bored, either.
And I embrace emotional stability rather than continuous excitement.
As a "True" autistic, a new environment or concept throws me into confusion, and that (confusion) is something I "enthusiastically" try to avoid. (Pun intended). :p

And, yes, my dear, I am infused with caffeine this morning. ;)

Example of sub-conscious narcisstic behaviour
Answer and Explanation: Nikola Tesla, the Serbian-American scientist, is not genetically related to Elon Musk. However, they are related in that Musk was a co-founder of Tesla, Inc., the makers of an electric automobile. The automobile, called the 'Tesla' is named for Nikola Tesla.

So many people have capsules of denial about their own self importance, inflated egos while leveraging off groundworks of others. And of course a philosophy 2nd to none.
Like a little arlecchono from Weiner or Vienna in Austria we weave a web of deceit and lies in hope that people will believe. Narcisstic plot

Example of sub-conscious narcisstic behaviour
Answer and Explanation: Nikola Tesla, the Serbian-American scientist, is not genetically related to Elon Musk. However, they are related in that Musk was a co-founder of Tesla, Inc., the makers of an electric automobile. The automobile, called the 'Tesla' is named for Nikola Tesla.

So many people have capsules of denial about their own self importance, inflated egos while leveraging off groundworks of others. And of course a philosophy 2nd to none.
Like a little arlecchono from Weiner or Vienna in Austria we weave a web of deceit and lies in hope that people will believe. Narcisstic plot
Pardon, for those who are unaware Nicola Tesla was rival to Einstein

Pardon, for those who are unaware Nicola Tesla was rival to Einstein
Actual it was Nikola Tesla and Thomas Alva Edison who were rivals...competing for the hydroelectric contract of the Niagara Falls hydroelectric plant that was being built.

Direct current vs. Alternating current.

Edison invented the light bulb, Tesla designed the power grid that allows the light bulb to work.

Tesla was an engineer and physicist. Einstein was a physicist, not and inventor or engineer. Tesla's contributions to science are a broader spectrum of inventions (a pioneer of WiFi and the design behind our modern power grids), while Einstein is know for his Theory of Relativity E = mc2, which in turn lead to the development of atomic weapons.

Tesla died in 1943. The Manhattan Project ran from 1942 - 1945, by which time Tesla was slipping into paranoia and extreme eccentricity.

Last edited:
It is different and here is why:
For starters autism brains are wired different where they go for internal things rather than external so often fitting in and being arrogant and superficial things are not relevant to them.
And it has to do with a lot of people do not understand autistics because autistics...
Do not often fit in with neurotypicals because they do not like being like-minded
And like having their own individuality and uniqueness and are neurodivergent and do not like being the same and are not the same.
And process information and feelings differently too and can struggle with all aspects of social connection.
And just because autistics lack empathy and have self centred traits does not make them self centred sometimes they are very selfless and giving and some of the biggest hearted, most loving individuals you will ever meet. ❤️

Edison invented the light bulb,
I believe Edison "stole" the lightbulb invention accolades.
It was actually one of his employees.
Too lazy to Google.
Correct me if I am mistaken. :cool:

BTW, I am no fan of Edi-son-of-a-b... :p

Tesla died in 1943. The Manhattan Project ran from 1942 - 1945, by which time Tesla was slipping into paranoia and extreme eccentricity.
A possible victim of Electronic Harassment.

BTW, Extreme "eccentricity" or "electricity"? :p

Well comments on little bird flying and regarding coping with asd diagnosis and another nazzi revenge is beyond narcisstic, it is sardonic.
I was screamed at so many times as child to hurry up on tasks or to answer questions timelessly....I had to realise I hadn't even realised until few years ago how aba was ingrained into emotionless experience of making one fit in. Now I just advise my son politely that later in workplace people may be impatient and overlook you, in an emergency you may react to deprement....
My grandfather was Hungarian who came to Za before lifting of iron fence, I don't think many of us were willing, like Ethan Hawke the Austrian way forced integration even by not accepting that anyone could say no to a blond wife. Many of old revolutionists were dead, mostly became very sullen and quiet. The Germans had free pass since 1945 to take over whilst fence stood and like wolves in winter.
Our German family members chose weakness to push me down, all subtle abuse was key targeting my red flags, like always staring into my eyes and doing hurtful things, lecturing me on habits I could not control. I chose to treat black people with humanity and be excluded in money grab.

I compared psychopathy to autism as well since they do share a difference in brain wiring and empathy on some levels. All I could find is a psychologist that has worked extensively with both and said asd people are oblivious if they hurt and or said or did something rude to another person. People with pyschopathy know what they did wrong and do not care. That is assuming all people with asd cant read people at all so I find that bogus.

They can have overlap but it is the underlying motive why their doing what their doing in regards to asd and npd.

For instance you have two people in the same field of work. The asd person is their special hobby they know the work in and out and work mostly alone. They have routines and parameters they follow. Then they have someone that works in their area and when they dont follow their routine or said parameters even though it does provide quality or work or it gets done correctly and the asd person has a tantrum and is extremely rude and confrontational towards the other person because this individual also has poor social skills coupled with a potential superiority complex because he knows the work in and out. At a glance that came seem narcissistic when the underlying motive is poor emotional control, lack some cognitive empathy/emotional empathy and or unable to appropriately voice his opinion without projecting his preferences with "its my way or the highway" attitude and without learning to deescalate.

You have an npd person in the same scenario he does the exact same as above except his motive is control his environment and everyone is to serve him and is inferior to his knowledge or status regardless of their knowledge or merit.

At a glance they can be inherently be similar.

The way to tell the difference is in how they are receptive to feedback.

The above link is typical by misunderstanding of us, and failed examples of autism reasoning.
There is a huge communication gap

Actual it was Nikola Tesla and Thomas Alva Edison who were rivals...competing for the hydroelectric contract of the Niagara Falls hydroelectric plant that was being built.

Direct current vs. Alternating current.

Edison invented the light bulb, Tesla designed the power grid that allows the light bulb to work.

Tesla was an engineer and physicist. Einstein was a physicist, not and inventor or engineer. Tesla's contributions to science are a broader spectrum of inventions (a pioneer of WiFi and the design behind our modern power grids), while Einstein is know for his Theory of Relativity E = mc2, which in turn lead to the development of atomic weapons.

Nicola was possibly mixed as Hungarian more possibly than Austrian, due to the Hungarians loosing their land/country. Austria has history of taking credit over Hungarian suffering, prime example is that Africa was afterwards turned free as nature reserve due to Hungarian theory on not colonising, same with abolishment of slavery in Indonesia and it wasn't denying Japan funds it was investment in English tutor lessons and the Indonesian university. Japan uses last samurai as defence but truth is USA had fought war in Africa and disabling French was a huge cost. Sadly it was Dutch revenge and rebellion that lead to slaves on cotton fields....
So yes, since Dutch had left Asia and the colony the hungarian-british alliance cost many reserves due to changes in political regime.

The two countries share 151 km of common border. There are around 254,000 people of Hungarian descent according to the latest census living in northern Serbia (particularly in Vojvodina) and around 7,000 people of traditional Serbian descent living in Hungary (not counting migrants from Serbia to Hungary since the 1990s).

New Threads

Top Bottom