• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why aren't you social?

I'm not really social because I don't really have much in common with most other people at my college. I don't like partying and drinking. I don't like country music. I'm not that big of a sports fan. I don't like hunting. On top of that, I usually end up saying the wrong thing, and it embarrasses me.

For me, I've had a demanding career that put me in the spotlight. I love it and, I love my fans and, my "people" but that also means a lack of privacy entirely when I am working and, most of the time when I leave my home at all.

I value my privacy and, it's a rare commodity for me to actually have it so, I socialize very little outside of what is required of me or, a phone call to one of my few close friends. Idle chatter is just one more chance for me to say the wrong thing, get PR on my case again or, divulge something too soon about my next project and, it means I don't have privacy in that moment.

I have little enough privacy as it is, I am not going to willingly give up even more of it just to chat about the weather.

New Threads

Top Bottom