• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why are "Grammar Nazis" hated so much?

I hated online courses, but don't see a problem with them overall. They just weren't a fit for me. I learn better without all the dumb busy work that's assigned to make up for "participation credits".

I was homeschooled, preschool through graduation. I was mostly self-taught, once I learned to read. I preferred it that way. I sought help when I needed it and did the rest myself. In college, I preferred to go to class, over online work.

I do think that traditional high school fails a lot of students, especially those who are not verbal/auditory learners. I don't learn by hearing. I learn by reading and doing, so lectures are wasted on me. The only benefit I've found to lectures is the ability to ask questions of the teacher, though, I'd guess that's less encouraged at a high school level. I got away with more than I should have in college. Not only did I ask questions, I outright questioned some teachers' knowledge.

photoaddict Oh I debate every College teacher whenever they're wrong about something. The class usually sits back and enjoys the show since It can go on for hours and can waste about a lessons time.

If I make a mistake, it either means that I couldn't spell the word and it was so bad spellcheck couldn't figure it out ...
If I just can't work out how to spell something and the spellchecker chokes on it, I type it into Google search. Google is smart and always works out what my scrambled mess was trying to be! :)

I've actually spelled some things so badly that Google didn't know. >_< I did elementary school in q phonics stage, so my attempts are always spelled phonetically, which is rarely correct.

New Threads

Top Bottom